Shutting off

Bronze Member
Username: Redliner

Post Number: 15
how can I fix this I have 2 10" thunder 7500's they are 4 ohm getting run by a 2 channel thunder 942 with a 1.2 farad voodo rack cap and when i have it up and am driving with my lights on and i go to stop it just cuts off and completley shuts off for about 2 seconds and then comes back on why is this happening it only happens if the lights are on and im stoppig though.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1408
...are you sure the amp isnt overheating?

sounds like just a coinsidence about the stoppping part.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ya im posotve its not amp i ahve 1 gauge wire going to it to

Anonymous

coinsidence" = coincidence - lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
this is so annoying though i dont know if its cause i need a bigger alternator or battery or maybe a bigger cap i have no idea but it is so annoying

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 799
I think I know your problem charlie. Mine is the same way. I have a stock 85 amp alternator with about a 70 amp draw on it just from my system. What happens is when you stop the car or hit the breaks, the RPM's drop to 500-1500. Most cars only produce about half their alternators power at that low of RPM's. Because of this, the amp is getting very weak voltage and would begin to clip. I know my amp has something built in (and it sounds like yours too) that when the voltage drops too much, the amp will shut off for a couple seconds to prevent blowing the subs or the amp etc. Hope that helped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ya that helps do you know of anyway to fix this or am i stuck

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 801
bigger alt is the only way out :/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
sounds good to me this sux