Box plans for RE SX15s

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 33
Still have ideas going back in forth in my mind but I think I've come up with something that might work...
Upload
I didn't have time to go out and et exact measurements but my question is because of the box design.. notice the port. How exactly would it because its not a completely flat port. It is higher in one spot then drops down. Should I just change the design to simplify things? Btw the slanted front also presented a problem thats why the port squares off before it hits the slant. Just don't know how to tune it with the slant involved but if anyone knows please let me know so I can figure out the best design for the port or box itself. Know its hard to answer without knowing dimensions and what hz to tune it to but I just need help on the design. If need be I might be able to measure it all up tomorrow. Sorry for the bad picture, its paint :P.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 280
That triangle is reducing port area and may cause some noise... but to figure out the area of any triangle, you multiply Base X Height / 2.

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 35
Would it be best to bypass the triangle with the port as shown in the plan? Or should I use the extra space? Just seems to complicate everything so I might just get rid of it. Just figured I'd squeeze all the cubic footage I could.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1649
that over-all box shape would be just fine...but i still say have the sub and port firing up.

make a slot vent on the drivers side and have the sub on the passengers side.

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 36
Its for two 15s. I only put one port in the plan because I wasn't for sure if was sticking with it. They will be firing up. The center is divided but I guess its kinda hard to tell that its two chambers. I was going to put each port on the far side of the box. One near the passager door and the other near the drivers door. Don't want to to do the center because I was going to build two amp mounts in the middle.

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 37
I've been told by quite a few people down here that firing up is not a good idea. They advice to fire backwards or down. Its not like they do not know what they are talking about either. One of the guys who recommended me to do a downfire or backfire has quite a few trophies from db drags. Hes getting ready to start building for the nasca coming up next year. Anyone have any imput on which is best? Up, down, back?

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 40
^Bump^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us