What Are The

Freak
Unregistered guest
Losses of using car subwoofers in your home as a home theatre.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 538
short answer = just dont do it.

long answer = advanced explanation

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 726
yeah listen to mixneffect. a few years ago i learned my lesson the hard way.

Anonymous

i have a JL in my room and it has been fine for almost a year. the guy at circuitcity said it would set on fire, but those guys are bent twigs. whats wrong with putting car audio in your house.

Bronze Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 75
yeah dude i have a pioneer and has been doin fine nothings wrong with car audio in ur house

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 540
Yes it is very possible.

Yes it will work.

No it is not engineered for home application.

Yes you will need retrofit equipment to run it within its designed parameters.

Read www.bcae1.com

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 676
i thought ascendant audio atlas/avalanche subs could work in cars and home stereos.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4256
they are!

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1614
"the guy at circuitcity said it would set on fire, but those guys are bent twigs."

oh, but what a great pass time it is to go in there and mess with them. ask them questions you know the answers to and watch them squirm to make up the most silly responses. cracks me up any way.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 677
LOL i know what you mean mikechec, i go to wal-mart all the time to mess with their sale ppl in the audio department. like one time i was talking to some guy about sony subs, the hexagon ones, and i was asking if the sq would be better than my atlas's and he was like sony subs have some of the best sq ever, and since they have the hexagon shape they never distort, then i was asked about how loud they would get and he said he knows a guy thats hitting in the 160db range with 2 12's and me acting like i was a retard asked if that was loud and he said its pretty loud but nothing close to the record of 210db, i just chuckled and thought what a fvcking idiot, then i started talking about sony amps and he said that they are highly UNderrated and put out close to 2000watts. ya its pretty fun to do, espically if you have nothing better to do with your time.

Username: Kravenblood

Post Number: 7
LoL i done it with 2 kicker comp 8" 8 ohms with a plate amp from parts express built a custom coffee table sounded good too they rattle my friend apartment suprisingly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us