What Do I Need to do?

Username: Danielcool930

Post Number: 1
I dont know alot about car audio. i have a 2002 nissan frontier and i just got 2 12" punch stage 2's and a rockford amp. last night when i was driving my headlights were dimming bad. this morning my truck would not start. the battery was drained. the battery in the truck isnt very big. so what should i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Subman15

Lwarenceburg, Kentucky United states

Post Number: 59
get an optima yellow top battery, and get a capacitor.

Post Number: 2
thanks!

Post Number: 3
Thanks!

Post Number: 4
Do you think i could just get a battery for right know and my truck wont die?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4237
what rockford amp did you get?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4238
what impedence are you runnning it at, how much power are you drawing? do you have a mids and highs amp? if so how much power is that?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 34
You should be able to just get the battery.I don't think the cap will have anything to do with the power source.Unless someone did a bad installation.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 219
how many watts rms are u running. your probably gunna need a HO alternator

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4240
if the battery is shot it could do that but I am thinking more towards your alternator and you do not need a cap for the system you are running.

Post Number: 5
My batery wasnt completely drained it was just enough to keep the truck from starting. the battery in it is really small and it is the stock one. i dont really want to spend alot of money because i just spent $600 on speakers, amp and instalation

Post Number: 6
The amp i have is a p3002 rockford

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 241
that amp is only 300 rms probably more like 400 seeing as how rockford amps are a tad bit under rated ... but you shouldnt need an HO alt for certain an i dont see why it consumed so much power, you should have Autozone test your alternator because it might be going out an it just took putting an extra strain on it to make the existing problem apparent

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4242
does your truck start and run fine now once it is jumped? I would not think its the alt but if you are going to get a battery in your case an optima red top would more then do the trick or my favorite Interstate megatron are very tough batteries which I have been abusing for years and they keep on taking it.:-) dont go with a no name brand you get what you pay for.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 242
Check both ur battery an Alternator... if the alternator was the cause of this then ur probably gonna need an alt an a battery but before you just put another battery please get ur alt tested because if you put another battery in it without knowing if the alt is working your just going to destroy the new battery

Post Number: 7
The truck run and cranked fine before i put the speakers in it. last night when i jumped it it still run fine until i turned the speakers on then the headlights started flashing so i cut the speakers off and let it run for a minute and cut it off. then this morning it did
nt have enough juice to crank.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 642
Yea, you should definately go to a shop and get your alt/bat checked. If your alternator is bad, your battery won't charge, will deplete, and will be a paperweight.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4245
sounds like your alt to me.

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the advice i appriciate it. I probably will take it in one day this week and get it checked out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us