Box Plans

Username: Timmygcsc2308

Post Number: 10
Simple question, I need to know where I can get plans for a ported box ~1.65cu/ft., for my Pioneer TS-W3004SPL

I'm no good at woodwork but my Dad is the bollox but since he lives 100 miles away and wouldn't know the first thing about a box, I need to send him some designs/plans etc. so he can get to building..just in time for christmas.

I'm tried googlisation but with no luck

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 226
use Win ISD and double check everything 4 times with a calculator (don't forget to add sub and port displacment) formula's for your calculator are L X W X H / 1728, sub displacement is going to be big on that woofer, look it up in your specs, and port displacement is 1/2 of your width (outside lip to lip) times itself (so a 3in port would be 1.5X1.5) X pi (3.14) X length / 1728. Dont forget wood overlap and you'll be all good, just think of it like an imaginary puzzle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well I'm not so bothered about that coz I am gna use pioneers recommended specs..they provide a nice sheet with recommended box size and port size etc.
but the point is I need an actual design..something I can send my dad in the post so he knows the size of the wood to cut and everything. I don't know if winISD does this?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2849
u could try using the box building calculators @ www.the12volt.com or on www.bcae1.com

I'd use 1" mdf on a sub that powerful...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
If I just use the recommended volume from Pioneer and put it into this calculator:
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=5
I have got it to almost the exact volume so would that be ok to use the dimensions and use the recommended pioneer port size aswell?

Also..the joints, can you tell me from this webpage:
http://www4.district125.k12.il.us/Faculty/djohanns/TechEdHomePage/WoodJoints.htm l which joints I should be using

One last question..does it matter if the box is rectangle or is it better to go for the trapezoid shape?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us