Is it possible to....

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1275
say u have a 2 channel amp pushing 300w x2 at 2 ohms. and u have 2 sets of components (4 mids 4 tweets 4 Xovers) and they are 4 ohms and need 150w each. could you run 2 to each channel or no becuase of the crossovers. thats something ive never learned is how impedence and power is diveded and what not with crossovers. help appreciated thx.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1601
look at the xo for what it does. most basically, it takes an incomming signal and seperates the frequencies. then it sends these frequencies to their respective drivers. look at these different drivers as parts of one large speaker.
passives are based on FREQUENCY distribution, not POWER distribution. so each driver receives the full amount of power as would one. of course there is a bit of overall power loss when using passives over an active set-up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1602
as for your situation, you would need a 4 channel amp to cover both pairs of xo's.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1277
darn. okay, looks like i'll be going for a zapco 1000.4 then. man they are expensive lol

thanks mike

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1278
oh and to make sure im understanding. my 300/4 puts out 75x4. so when one channel goes to an xover which goes to a tweet and a mid. the mid and tweet are seeing 75w each or together total?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1605
75 watts into each driver. again, it's just seperating the hz, not the power.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1279
okay, i gotcha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us