Stereo Noise Altenator whine whaterver?

Bronze Member
Username: Steveo

?????, CA USA

Post Number: 26
Here we go again with the stereo noise. The noise started when the CDT CL-61a components were connected to the Kicker amp. Though faint it is present. Here are some facts:

-No noise is present when the amp is off. The noise increases when windows are rolled up or AC turned on.

-Yes, the RCA's and speaker wire are ran on opposite side of the car from the pwr wire.

-10awg pwr and ground (about 1 ft wire rolled up behind the deck - the ground is 1 inch from the deck.

-All wiring is newly ran (clean install rubber gromets, fat wire, etc...

-Kicker 800.4 amp is feeding from 4awg pwr and ground. The ground is connected to the top of the shock tower.

Please help... I HATE noise, and have it on every system. Can't stand it; please, please, help.

I could have delt with the low noise, but today I blew a fuse and then replased it without disconnecting the battery (stupid). Anyway, the noise is much worse now. Soooo bummed...

Thanks in advance,
SteveO

Bronze Member
Username: Steveo

?????, CA USA

Post Number: 28
GlassWolf, something you said may be part of my problem? See below

"some head units offer both power antenna and remote trigger. if you're unsure, just connect the trigger line from the amp to a +12V ignition line so the amp turns on when you put the keys in and turn to accessory, or start the car.
that'll work, but sometimes may cause noise in the system, or a thump when the car is started." (GlassWolf)

My car did a "thump" when it started today and I have both the antenna and remote wire connected to the deck. Is the remote wire the source of my noise/whine?

Thanks in advance,
SteveO

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2247
the remote is what you should be using to turn the amps on and off.

your problem sounds like a ground loop.
try moving the ground point for amp(s) and head unit, one at a time. also be sure you sand to bare metal and use a meter to check for continuity so you know its a good ground point.
seatbelt retention bolts are a good ground point if all else fails, and the amps are near the seats of the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us