Possibly a good budget sub......

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1627
http://www.millionbuy.com/spljws12.html

a few other boards are claiming that this sub is a clone of the original JL w6.

if this is infact true...it would make a very nice budget sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2826
very much doubt it could ever do that - but for $45.95 , u could buy 1 let us all know ..lol..Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1628
anybody wanna make a donation? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 206
that sub IS a JL W6, those are the gigantic overstock that Onkyo had when JL dumped there old W6 line. It all got sold to Power Acoustik in the Onkyo bankruptcy. Power Acoustik also now has the old stock of Kicker Comp subs (the 2003 or so lineup). Those are 100% JL W6's, I can show you pics of a pair of them before the SPL logo's were put on them.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1632
well...for those of you w/ a limited budget, that would make a VERY nice sub!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1633
brian,

can you email those pics to:
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

-thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1264
how would those compare to Typre Rs and infinity reference. reason im asking is one of my friends is looking for a decent setup. i'm going to get her stuff that is pretty loud and sounds pretty good. she has a jeep grand cherokee. i was going to have her get a 1000w amp but im afraid her stock alternator wont keep up so i was thinking 800w. possibly 2 kx400s. how do you think 2 of those "W6" would sound with those amps. would you get 2 12 type Rs or 4 10 inch references over them?

Bronze Member
Username: Gino0809

Post Number: 61
idk trevor.....i need help deciding on what im doing with me so im me whenever we need to talk

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1265
oops, i just rembered they are dual 6 ohm ... what does 3 D6 subs come out to? lol we may be back at this 1000ws again lol.

maybe 3 10s now lol

am i correct that 3 D6 subs can be wired to 4 ohms? if so a kx850.2 is looking good...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1267
gino i alreayd know what ur doing. 2 12 or 15 inch audioque HDs with 2 elemental designs nine.1s . ported 40hz.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1268
marshal could u post the pics up on here if u get them? or could u do it brian?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1595
"am i correct that 3 D6 subs can be wired to 4 ohms? if so a kx850.2 is looking good..."

yop. 4ohms or 1ohm. i had my 3 w3d6's wired to 1.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1269
thanks mike.

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 210
I'll post them in here, they're in a friends Firebird as we speak I'll call him and have him pull one to take pics of it. I believe they still say JL on the spider supports, I'll double check to make sure.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1284
bump

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 231
Sorry guys no luck with getting to my friend, I'm going to try tonight (wednesday night) I'll get them for sure. 2 of my friends currently run these subs, one of them is in a probe, the other in the Firebird, guy with the probe will be in town for Thanksgiving so I'll get pics of one of these setups by this weekend.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidalexander

Graham, Texas Us

Post Number: 20
how would they compare to the new w3s

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1289
okay thanks brian. and let me knwo how they sound too if ya can. im thinking about ordering 6 of the 10s. 3 for a friend 3 for my brother. i was actually thinking how cheap it would be for me to run 8 12s if i wanted lol. im not going to though lol

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1653
humm...i could sell my SX15 and the box...then get 6 of them :-)

(j/k)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4258
I have seen them advertised on ebay before when I blew 1 of my 3 w6's and was looking to replace it last year. If that is tru that is amazing:-) I paid $600 for mine in a box and they sound incredible. If I could fint that set up in 12's over the 10's I have now I would run them in a heart beat:-) I am going to grab one to see he11 I need a replacement anyway.

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 237
Here you have them, these are running in a friends car off of a Lanzar Opti 500.2 (the older grey opti series VERY good amps). Wired 3 ohm stereo they get loud enough you don't want to sit in the car before his alternator craps out. The third pic down is where the JL125 is stamped into the spider support, this didn't come out very well in the pic but it's there and you can at least make out part of it. This was the only identifying mark put on them by Onkyo before JL dumped the line, they sold the line to Power Acoustik who now sells it under SPL. We've never had his car SPL metered but I would put these 2 12's in the vented enclosure around 140db.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 238
They're very similar to the new W3's, they get just as loud but will maintain clarity right up until they thermal or slam the VC into the back of the magnet. I would recommend them to anyone especially at that price!!!

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 105
so is it a good sub

Silver Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 241
definetly, the ones you're seeing in that ad have the grey basket, no difference there besides color, and the magnet boots are on those; we never got them with the straight out the factory subs. I also think they've used a different gasket for the sub surround but all of that is cosmetic, bottom line is thats the old JL lineup.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 106
anyone else has more input they sound tasty

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 107
what are the wiring options for duel 6 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Araknid