Alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 68
i know alot of people put down the lower model alpine subs and some of the amps..but i found 2 12'' inch type e's for 150 so i got them. i know everyones gonna say u shoulda got the type r's but i only have a single cab truck so i dont have enough room for them. i got an alpine mrd 605 600 watt amp to power them. im breaking them in for a couple weeks but they sound good already with amp turned down

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2792
hey if u like listening to them - then thats all that really matters & screw everybody else .....

Bronze Member
Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 23
hell yeah..whatever you like is your decision.I like audiobahn and folks on this site talk ish about them but along as they hit..i don't give damn!

Bronze Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 69
i agree. no body here likes ma audio but me personally have nothing at all against them. i think they sound very good but of course they dont have the greatest sq but they get very loud

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 271
lol. I have another type-E for sale if your interested...

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 67
change your audiobahn with something better and you'll know why people say they suck. you just haven't heard any decent subs that is why you think audiobahn hit.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1178
Well if they hit good enough to please him then let him be.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1631
if you like your system...bump it...lol

not to be mean, but ignorance is bliss :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 231
Audiobahn Subs can go hard but the SQ isnt there at all ..

me420
Unregistered guest
well personaly i hate alpine type r's they are way overrated every1 thinks there great sq and spl subs, yet i've seen a 12inch type r get owned by a 10inch cvr in both spl and sq but enclouser played a key role {both were sealed} but i have heared 2 10's type r's in a custom box and wasn't impressed at all.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 682
which amp was used for the type r and which amp for the cvr?

me420
Unregistered guest
ok this is what happened, this one kid was running his mouth talking about his system and like it was the greatest ever so my one friend {the one with the cvr} said he could make his one 10 louder than his 12 so we wen't to his car [a chevey blazer] and tested both subs of his amp, it was some alpine amp he said it did 600 watts @2ohms so i don't which amp it was, and we played the same song and my friends cvr smoked the type r.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 211
Is there a reason why people dont like the Alpine type E's? I've never been partial to Alpine speakers but that was just personal choice, and MAN do those Type R's look good. My own stigmatized brand love goes out to Hollywood, once you own them you'll understand that they're some of the most well thought out, individual subwoofers on the market. Haven't tried out there amps or component speakers, but the Excursion subs are amazing. I also have my own personal grudge against Audiobahn, I got in on there subs when they were JUST showing up on the scene, 4 of the 10in flagship models. First set the spider platforms seperated from the basket, Audiobahn admits "bad glue was used" next set they had woven the K wires into the spiders, subs played for about 10 minutes and one by one the K wires severed and they were dead. I was feeding each sub 200 watts. So that little venture with Audiobahn cost me about $500 and in the end I had nothing to show for it except a trick 4 10 enclosure I had built.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us