A logical security feature

Bronze Member
Username: Hex0rz

Post Number: 18
I have not actually put this plan to action yet, since I'am still waiting to raise enough money to put my alarm system in. This idea affects the amount of time it would take to jack your system. I dunno if it has been done yet, but I wonder WHY it is I don't hear about this.

The idea is simple, really. You start off with your alarm system. Because an alarm system makes noise and draws attention to the vehicle. Usually after a prolonged time, people actually start caring about the obnoxious noise that is keeping them awake late at night. Why do I say this you may ask... Well some thiefs actually have enough balls to stay until they have what they want.

By keeping the ballsy thiefs there longer, it will increase your chances with a confrontation! But this will make them start to think if its worth it or not. They soon will find out.

Heres the catch! This really is only a feature that protects your subs, box, and amps. It does'nt matter if a thief has the knowledge of this security because they would have to be well equipped and very fast to pull it off.

I have two amps and two subs with a box that could easily make a thief $1000. Whatever money a thief can gamble over his freedom for is good enough for him. My subwoofer box alone is 60 pounds. With both of my subs it weighs around 100 pounds. You may think thats not enough weight, but when its 4 feet tall, you think differently. I have 3 inch long screws that keep the subs in. They are all handscrewed, so its pretty tight. Although, things would go faster for a theif if they had a screwgun.

But then they pose more problems as they get further. If they want my subs and manage to unscrew all 16 holes that quickly, they can get off with it. But thats it.

In order to get my subwoofer box, they must unbolt two or four cast iron nuts and bolts, mounted from under the vehicle through the floorpan and box. The bolt should be welded very thoroughly to the vehicle on the head of the bolt. It first would take them a few minutes just to get grip on the nut since it is covered in silicon to seal the box. And add on more time to remove the silicon.

This box is mounted in the back of an extended cab truck. You would have to pull both seats forward and lift straight up. Thats alot of work with this weight. I don't think a thief is going to get away after spending this much time to steal the system.

The only drawback is that my amps are bolted down on the box. Thats 8 bolts for both amps. If they were to get the box, they would have a possibility of getting the amps too. Thats why I continue to devise more ideas on clever placement. Causing them to only get away with only one thing instead of the whole system.

Ehh, dont flame me if you guys whine about hearing this already. But there are other people on here who are not so informed of more security features.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us