Would this hurt my sub?

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 29
im still in the process of finding a box for my Rockford Hx2 power 12, and i want to put it in a ported box...but im broke as hell n can't pay what people want to build a box...so i saw this one on ebay for liek $60 that had a 2.28 cubic volume or whatever...adn the recommended for my sub is 2.5....do u guys think this one on ebay would be alright or if i shoudl honestly pay teh extra $100 for .22 more cubic feet or wahtever...thanks

Anonymous

its not gonna hurt the sub but it probably will change how it sounds. and you don't just have to look at the size of box but also the size of the port is equally important.

Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 8
You won't notice too much of a difference. Honestly I wouldn't pay $100 more for me to meet the exact specs. Only thing about ebay is finding a good box worth spending the money on. Just make sure its quality construction and not made with partical board. I'm not so sure it would even be tuned correctly for your sub. Any chance you can build it? It would be cheaper and you wouldn't have to wait for an order from ebay, not to mention you could build it to specs. If 60 is all you have and just want a quick ported box, go for it. But reember, sub/box creates the sound. If one of the two are poor then, well, the quality will be poor.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 179
i agree with Kevin.....You can build a box for cheaper than $60. You can find blueprints on the internet and do it yourself. You will get the exact box for that sub and have money left over. Contact RF, and they should be able to give you all the info you need to know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us