Blowing windows!!

Anonymous

Just wondering does any1 have a clue how many watts are needed to blow a window??

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 572
hmmmm I think people get dumber by the day.

Anonymous

i got something else for you to blow right here.

Anonymous

oso the bear is a hoto.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 573
Looks like their getting more mature also.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1688
im thinkin to blow the window completly out u need like 165 db, to crack a window u can do it with about 130, depends on the setup

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1690
im thinkin to blow the window completly out u need like 1000 db, to crack a window u can do it with about 13 db, depends on the setup

Anonymous

Oso ima tell you straight up, your a f@g dont start sayin im dumb and sh!t its not like i wanna blow out a window it was just a question.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1128
You cant blow a window with wattage but you sure as hell can with pressure. Depends how how large the car is, where the subs are, what the car is, if the windows are open or not, some other stuff also.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1129
How much air your moving, doesnt really have to be loud just gotta get some pretty decent air moving. Think of like a sub in a real skinny box. when it compresses the air with each movement the box will flex say if the box was like quarter inch thick.

Anonymous

BassManMike i got 2 12" cerwin vega vmxs with a 980 watt amp.

Anonymous

When i put my hand on the window you can feel the vibrations like hell. The rubber stuff around the window on the top already came of, and something on the bottom of my car rattles like hell.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 597
is it possible to blow your windows with a high pitched sound?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 751
yes if you can find the correct resonance frequency of the glass and can amplify it enough

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1130
vibrations aint gonna cut it that b!tch gotta start flexing. They can take some pretty hardcore flexing but they can only take so much.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1131
no way........... around what frequency range are you talking about......

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 598
it would be cool if someone had a video of their system blowing out the windows.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 752
well you have to find it duh. the singers breaking glass isnt a myth, watch mythbusters if you dont believe me, so why would that not apply to a pane of glass in a car? the front windshield will not shatter that way becuase it is made by layering glass and plastic to prevent the glass from shattering in accidents.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1132
check out this video on realm of excursion where the guys sittin in the truck with the 15 RE MT's behind him. I dont know if that is an upgraded wind shield but you just gotta see it. Damn thing moves at least
an inch if not more. Its easy to find just look under RE then under MT and its the one with the guy in the little preview srceen a must see.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1593
i know have a vid where someone did that.
let me go find it.

brb

(oh yea, a window usually has to flex like crazy to break....but if it already has a crack in it, its easy it "finish it off"...once they are cracked, they are weak...i ran a lil 4" crack in my windshield all the way across w/ 1 song w/ my system)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1594
i ment to say i know of a vid where someone blows out a windshield...

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1133
when i said 15 i meant 15 inches there was actually 5 of them my bad.

and about the high frequency crap I just cant see it happening to a wind shield.

Anonymous

Dont know forgot but there 400 rms it think there 20hz each or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1567
it's not easy at all. you can sit there and beat on your shield all day, but it's designed to keep you in in the event of an accident, while the sides are designed to break and allow exit.
as far as the amount of power. not certain. i recall an "LA Sounds" add about 15 years back where a guy claims to had done it in a picture. havn't heard about the possibility since.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 753
bassman, did you even read my posts? it is called physics not voodoo science. just because you have no bearing or understanding of something doesn't make it crap. then again, you are only 15, what can i expect.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 754
look up the tacoma narrows bridge and you will find that a giant suspension bridge collapses from the winds matching the resonant frequency of the bridge. still think you cant shatter glass that way?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1134
http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_world/glass/glass.htm

I wanna see you do that to a windshield.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1135
And I didnt say it wasn't possible to break some crappy little glass I said a windshield so suk a nut. How dare thee belittle my intelligence.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 755
dont need to work too hard to do that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1569
yeah. pretty unfortunate disaster caused by a group of idiots.
the only reason the bridge collapsed is because they used all the same metals in its construction, hence it resonating at one frequency and shaking apart.
windshields are actually constructed of two completely different sheets of glass separated by a layer of vinyl between the two. an autoclave provides heat and pressure and POOF: glass made well enough to (theoretically) secure your roof from being crushed in a roll-over accident.
if it were as easy as it seems, i'm certain every bass head would make it his primary business to make sure the entire audio world was notified. havn't heard too much from people since that photo add 15 years ago:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1570
but like you said, i've shaken plenty of rearview mirrors free and the crack left underneath was spread by my 800 watts to 3 jl 12w3's. it was a cheap aftermarket windshield (all three of them).

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 552
think about the force it takes to break a car window with a tire iron or something, it'll take that much force with just air movement to do the same thing with subs. the glass will be a little easier to break from the inside out though due to the shape of the glass. i'd think the glass would come appart at the glue and fall off as a sheet before it would shatter.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4079
I didn't read through this whole rediculous thread, but so far mike's the only one that's correct.

It is much hardery than most people believe to blow out a window with a sound system. Don't worry, I'm sure nobody on this forum has a strong enough system to even get close to cracking a window. You guys just don't realize how much pressure it would take....

The only way to really "shatter" the windshield would be to match it's resonant requency, and of course it would still need to be very loud as well.

Stop arguing, you'll never blow your windows out.....

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1141
actually i think its impossible to match a fresonant frequency if the windsheild is composed of different materials.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 756
hmm, somebody else mentions resonant frequency. may we are just stupid.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4082
"actually i think its impossible to match a fresonant frequency if the windsheild is composed of different materials."

Everything has a resonant frequency; even your body and organs...

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 758
its not impossible just much harder.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1142
Ok, maybe be you misunderstood....

each material has a different frequency...

so impossible to hit both at the same time.....

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1143
thanks mikechec

"the only reason the bridge collapsed is because they used all the same metals in its construction, hence it resonating at one frequency and shaking apart."

Anonymous

what a waste of time & space this whole thread has been

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1144
If it was made of different metals it would not have happened cuz the frequency of the metals would have
been different. SAME GOES FOR THE WINDSHIELD

"windshields are actually constructed of two completely different sheets of glass separated by a layer of vinyl between the two."

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 759
wait, do you even understand why the bridge collapsed? it had more to do with the length of the bridge than the materials it was made of. the winds going in and out of the bay matched the resonant frequency of the bridge suspended in the air very much like a string between two points. if you want to try and dismiss something that learn about it first.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1146
omg......... im not even gonna bother explaining why its just about the same thing.....

Anonymous

what a CONTINUED waste of time & space this whole thread has been

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 760
please explain i would like to hear your explaination.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 761
well i would like to see if he is as smart as he acts.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1147
ok fine ill answer it but give me some time cuz i really dont even feel like thinking right now.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1148
actually ill need alittle more info on the bridge stuff before i can put it together to fit correctly.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1149
were the winds constantly blowing in opposite directions all the time? or were they alternating like a frequency.

Anonymous

Foot in mouth

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 762
the winds were blowing in and out matching the movement of the bridge. you could always do a google search to get info.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1151
yeah so the winds were alternating like a frequency.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1237
I cracked my windshield in my Jeep about two weeks ago. I was up in Pocatello and my friend wants to jam. So we spin the dial up and we're sitting there, and it's Bass Mekanic. It hit 32Hz and the front windsheild litterally just cracked in slow motion right in front of us. It's probably 2 feet long.

It was nice and warm too, windows up. Just to think, it's a brand new windsheild...

(I'm stoned, so if what I'm typing is all f*cked up, please excuse...)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1258
what would happen if something matched our bodys resonant frequency?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1159
EXPLODE!!!

nah idk. interesting, but i wouldnt want to be the guinea pig

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 74
Its called RESONANT FREQUENCY!
ITs the breaking point of any material!!!
If you produce the resonant freq of that object, which is diffrent for all objects. The atoms in that object breaks down instantly.

Do some researh...

Treavor go fly a supersonic jet with out a suit on. That will be our resonant frequency.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 766
HAHAHA, B, you need to be doing some research. it is not instanaeous and the frequency itself doesnt cause things to break. it is the constant reinforcement of the vibration at the resonant frequncy that causes the bonds to break, exposing the weaknesses. depending on how strong the material is the energy required to break at the resonant frequency is different. still havent heard anything from you bassman. giving up or crying uncle?

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1166
I thought I got my point across....... Do
I have to sum it all up for you from all my other posts..... cuz i could but im not

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4084
"Ok, maybe be you misunderstood....

each material has a different frequency...

so impossible to hit both at the same time..."

It's all fused together to form one sheet. The windshield as a whole has a resonant requency. Go take physics class again....

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 352
I've watched Bob Perillo shatter his windshield more than once, in fact he does it all the time.
It's a ford econoline van.
I broke the windshield in my crx with 161.5 Db at 61hz. The rear view mirror is held up by the roof, not the windshield, well it had vibrated sideways, (front to back, in line with the car) and when I burp the windshield vibrates nearly a half inch, and with it tapping against the mirror it was enough to shatter the top middle of the glass, yeah, sucked.
But Bob's, now his completely shatters from nothing but SPL, its fun to watch.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 767
joe, he is 15 so in all honesty i dont think he as any clue about physics. we should give him a break.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1167
lol, yeah joe i knew that iwas just trying to see if i could get chris to believe it.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1168
I guess i just didnt want to admit i was alittle wrong. ok

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 768
the cry of a sore loser. its ok mike, i knew you had an idea of what was really going on. next time try not to pretend you know something you dont. if anything, you should be trying to learn things not telling others they are wrong.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1172
Im not sure how admitting that i was SLIGHTLY wrong makes me a sore loser.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1173
The only thing i was wrong about was when i said the windsheild didnt resonate to 1 frequency. Everything else was correct so idk if you should feel like such a big man over that.

Username: Timmygcsc2308

Post Number: 3
Ok..sorry to add my ten cents, but if there was no danger of windshields being shattered why do the cars with loud @ss systems entered into comps have their windshields reinforced with metal plates for example on realm of excursion there is a chevy (forgive me if thats wrong..not many around in the UK) under the video section, under RE.
Maybe thats why no windows have reported being shattered? Coz the only people with systems loud enough know to reinforce them.
Just a thought..cud be wrong

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1175
never said there was no danger from pure SPL but what we where debating was if we could find its resonant frequency would it be able to blow it.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1176
Just think. The wine glass took about 140 db to break. A windshield would need an excess of over 230.

Post Number: 4
No...
The original question was about blowing out windows with high power not about resonant freqencies. And my question was why do they reinforce comp car windows so heavily? I will prolly be shot down in flames when one of you audio buffs tells me that reinforcing the windows will give higher SPL, same with filling the panels with concrete? What do I know..I'm a computer technician

Post Number: 5
Oh and I could probably shatter the wine glass with my @ss with a 140dB f@rt

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4085
"The original question was about blowing out windows with high power not about resonant freqencies. And my question was why do they reinforce comp car windows so heavily? I will prolly be shot down in flames when one of you audio buffs tells me that reinforcing the windows will give higher SPL, same with filling the panels with concrete? What do I know..I'm a computer technician"

To keep as much energy as possible in. When they have reinforced windows, they don't flex, and they deaden better. When it comes to spl comps. the goal is to keep as much sound energy inside the vehicle. Anythiny you can hear on the outside, and anything vibrating/rattling/flexing is just wasted energy.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 392
some guy one guiness world records can burp 140 something decibles
thats louder than most systems ....

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1270
i thought u meant burp as in subwoofer competition burp. i was like what planet are u from ppl hit 140 all the time. lol

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1637
"some guy one guiness world records can burp 140 something decibles
thats louder than most systems ...."

^^^thats nothing more than port wars...i did 139.6 w/ a compVr 8" and 15wrms in port wars :-) lmao

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 273
No marshall lol. He meant really Burp. As in sit back, chug a few, f@rt, then BURP!!!

Post Number: 9
LMAO.

Yea after writing thats what I thought would be the reason the windows are reinforced :-$

Does that mean the guy who can do the 140dB burp could shatter the wine glass with sheer FPL? (Flatulence Pressure Level)

Ah..didn't quite manage the 140db:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/content_pages/record.asp?recordid=54310

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 76
LOL, an argument of what was covered in Physics 1 and 2, Not to mention at least 3 Electrical classes. Thats why I said u do some research...
LOL. I passed those classes buddy...

What I was saying is that once the resonant freq is there, that material gets weaker, and easier to break down. No matter the object. The atoms in the object is what resonates.

Chris
I dont need to watch "mythBusters" I could of told u that!
lol

Bassman Mikes a F@g
Unregistered guest
haha talk about some geniuses lmao the 15 year old is smart eh..lol this was a waste of time i cant beleive i read all of that useless...

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1058
Hey bassmanmikes a F.ag... say he knows twice as much as your a.ss, quit actin like your glasswolf cause u aint.

Sorry admin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us