World's Record SPL Holder

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2687
For those who have been wondering about it - here's your answer

2076_263341722_262409755%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article /two/0,,2076_263341722_262409755,00.html

"Lowly" ranked Pioneer subs has the honors & also has it many times before too .

Who woulda thunk that ! lol - actually i heard about a while aback ....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2688
hmmmm - faulty link

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/

then on the car audio section & 2nd paragraph u will see it .......

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1021
Interesting...lool but i can c y...16 of there best woofers lol.
I bet that was loud

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1595
that article is out of date...

Scott Owens now does 180dB+.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4080
^ Yes, Pioneer did that quite some time ago....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2702
yeah i know - was feeling too lazy to go look for the latest score

but if anybody wants to post a link to it on this thread - just go right ahead Upload.......

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1580
also too lazy. but:

"For Immediate Release:

Kansas City Missouri, October 15, 2005 - IASCA Competitor member Scott Owens of Team Edge Audio, Tempe, Arizona has accomplished what many once labeled the impossible. In the IASCA IdBL competition lanes at the USACi / IASCA Unified Finals, Scott and his team broke the 180dB mark for the first time in Soundoff history. Never before on any meter, in any country, has this SPL barrier been broken. The new world record in IASCA IdBL was recorded at 180.3 dB and was backed up with a second run matching the first. Scott competes with his Silver Ford F150 in the IASCA Ultimate 4 Division.

When asked what Team Edge Audio did to reach this milestone, Owens said, i½I attribute it to long hours, good record keeping and unrelenting teamwork. You cani½t get where you want to go, unless you identify what you did to get to where you are. Our team members work very well together; and with the support of our sponsors Pioneer, Scosche, Kinetik and Ohio Generator we have the tools and knowledge to edge out these incredible numbersi½.

Owensi½ score was measured on the IASCA SA 3056 SPL meter with the SPL 190 pressure sensor manufactured by Audiocontrol. Chris Kane of Audiocontrol was at the event and remarked i½iti½s amazing! A decade ago we got some strange looks when we introduced the SPL 150 microphone. Iti½s a good thing we developed the SPL190 sensor; now I wonder how long iti½ll be before we need the i½SPL 200i½.

IASCA Worldwide Director (and former IdBL champion) Moe Sabourin said i½I know what it takes to squeak out those last few points at the top of the SPL scale and all I can say is that Scott and his teammates has what it takesi½!

Complete results of the IASCA Competition at the Unified Finals will be posted right after the event; please visit www.iasca.com."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us