Overheating amp mean gain set to high to low?

Anonymous

hey if my amp is overheating could my gain be set to high or too low?

when you turn the gain up (Clockwise)does that give you more bass or more highs?

thanks, any help is needed

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 579
it could also mean your amp isn't getting good air circulation.
why don't you adjust the gain to how your subs blend in with your other speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 580
also maybe your subs are connect to an ohm load your amp can't handle.
or it could just be a defective amp.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 182
too high will cause it to overheat, and the gain makes your amp more sensative to whatever signal you're putting in. If you have your amp set to highpass and your gains to low turning it up will make the highpass coming out louder, if its set to lowpass it will make the lowpass signal coming out of it louder. The gains aren't a volume control they don't give you more of anything and if they're set to high you'll damage something.

Anonymous

should it be on high pass or low pass? usually...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 629
www.bcae1.com
They have a section on the gain control.

Also, I have high pass and low pass filters set on my amp. High pass filters (aka SubSonic) cut off frequencies going to the amp at the set frequency and below it. Low pass filters cut off everything at the set frequency and above it. Depending on your enclosure, you may need both set.
For a sealed enclosure, you only need the low pass filter set but I set my high pass because it's a waste of power trying to reproduce anything below like 20hz anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us