False Seat Sub Box

frkkevin
Unregistered guest
I've looked around for about two weeks to find a good sub to give me good spl that would fit under the back seat of my truck. I just couldn't find what I was looking for so since the seat was causing the problem I'll just make it part of the solution. I'm going to have a false seat which will give me quite a bit more room. I'm not quite sure how much air space I'll have in each chamber but I'm going to estimate about 1.5-2.0 cuft per chamber. It is going to be ported and tuned to the correct frequency recommended. My budget will be around 1000-1500 for the subs and amp. I was thinking about getting two RE SXs but I'm not sure about how much space I'll have so I'm not sure if they would be the best choice. I was looking at the RE SEs as well. Would they be a better choice for sql? I'm free for some different options. And as far as the amp goes it all depends on which subs I'd be getting so I'll need a recomondation for that.

I really hate bothering everyone about this but I'm not just asking questions to ask them. As soon as I get everything installed I'll post pictures. If I get the RE it would be from the group buy so it would take a little longer than I'd like, but the wait would surely be worth it. Anyway thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1018
THATS MY IDEA....lol but seriously i had that idea 2...im gonna do that 2 an S10

frkkevin
Unregistered guest
What about two Adire Brahma 12s running off two Hifonics 1500d? Anyone about the RE? Looking for some help! lol.

Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 7
bump

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 11
forget it it all. won't work as planned....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1026
lol im stickin with that idea

Bronze Member

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 14
I was going to but I just can't get the spl I'm looking for. Turned out to only be 1.25cuft chamber which makes a tiny ported box. It would be easier just top tear the seats out, then the possibilities are endless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
my idea was tear the seats out and make the box an extra bench seat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us