Should i take advantage of this deal?????

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 115
i was going to get the alpine subs eather 4 type s's which would cost a total of $320 or 2 type r's for around $250 but crutchfield is having a sale on the reference subs for $99 buy one get one free... but i dont know if they are quality subs... so i could get 4 of them for like 200 bucks which i think would be awesome but i dont want bad subs so anyone who knows bout them let me know thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1248
take advanage of REs sale which starts dec5th
12 inch SEs for 147 shipped
12 inch RE for 70 shipping i think. great deals

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 167
I have the reference in my gf's car and I'm Extremely pleased with the results. They can get fairly loud with little power. I thinks they sound better in a ported box if you want it loud. That price isn't bad at all for them. Deff look into them before you forget about em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
alright but can anyone compare them to the alpines, if you have heard both? what ones sound better overall?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
What are the RE's? and SE's?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1121
www.reaudio.com

There the lower models of RE but still better then most stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 246
type r's and reference's are in 2 different leauges.
type r sql sub
reference sq sub
matters what your lokking for, but 4 references will be louder and have better sq than two type r's if thats what ur asking
so if you have the room go with the references, there good subs, but if you only have room for two id kick out the extra money and buy the type r's

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
well at crutchfield.com its buy one get one free so i can get 4 of them for 200 bucks which i think is a great deal... and yea i do want it to be loud and clear... i just had audiobahn and i never want anything like them again they were like offbeat with the music and were not loud so i want that for my new subs... so the references would be my best bet? does it matter that they aren't dual ohm subs? or do some subs just have like dual 4ohm so that it has more power? like why would a sub have dual ohm putting out 150watts rms? why not just have one and have it 300watts rms?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2649
post a link so we can check it out ........

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=1081240w&wm=cl
that is for the reference subs

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2655
looks like a sweet deal cause thats 1/2 price ,should have nice SQ

go to Inf website & check if thats this yrs current model though cause i saw a 1242 model somewhere

this amp will push those 2 subs sweet
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_717.html

OR this if u intend to get 4 subs
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_711.html

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4228
I think your better off getting 2 oif these instead of 4 reference. http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=814&af f=31766

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
you can get type r's for cheaper than that and they are way better than thoughs^

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4230
are you nuts?

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
yea why would i get the perfects when they are only 50watts more rms and cost 130 a piece when i can get 2 reference for 100 dollars for a total of 600watts rms not 350 for one perfect... i know i can get the type r's for like 120 each on ebay but that would still be 240 for 2 of them when i can get 4 references for 200... and if the references have better SQ then i should go with those right? cause having 4 of them will def. make up for the SQL that the type r's would have... im just trying to think this through before i buy anything so if anyone has anything else to say id like to hear it thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
o also there is a 1242 model like Superfly said but the only difference between them and the 1240 is that they have dual 4ohm instead of single does that even make a difference because they are still rated at 300watts rms? i dont see how that would matter but im also kinda new with that so if someone could help me out.....

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4231
The difference between the perfects and the reference is like night and day! sont go by power ratings and if you do just take a look at the difference in the sensitivity ratings! also take a look at the frequency response! dont go by power ratings and think they will tell you everything. By adding a second voice coil in essesence its like adding a second sub. You get a 3db gain as you would by adding another sub. Dude for the price the perfects are the way to go honestly. I have tested many different sub set-ups as have many people on here and I personally dislike the alpine type r subs. I think there is better in their price range.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 567
Buy my Avalanche
Avalanche>All your earlier choices lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2658
James might be the very 1st guy who's posted that he dislikes the alpine type r subs !!!!! - shocking ,lol

So what others in the price range have u discovered that are better than Rs (apart from RE of course)??? - not trying to start an argument with u but i'd like to be enlightened .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
me too

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
well i wasnt ever looking into the perfects really cause i like the type r's but i just saw a good deal for the references so its eather 4 references or 2 type r's... i just want them to sound good and be loud so i stil dont know what ones to go with if anyone else wants to give me some input....

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
no one has anything else to say????

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2735
what amp u gonna use ?..

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
orion 1200D, 1200watts x 1 @ 1ohm but you prolly know that

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2754
good amp - so what have u decided to do ???....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us