Something that will make you laugh

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3738
I put a pair of those pyramid 6.5 pro plus speakers in my abc box and they sounded very promising looks like the 10 dollar investment for four of them off of my buddy is going to pay off the intresting thing is the fs of the 6.5's is 60 hz and they seem to play fine below that ill need further testing to confirm that but so far looks like my guess that the abc box can be used to go below a speakers fs can be used if set up correctly

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 165
Wow...I didn't laugh at all. I just wasted 30 seconds of my life and didn't even get a laugh.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3739
ok fine no sense of humor i guess...im also sharing to show the promise of my discovery so others can look into it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2623
So many ppl on this forum are so quick to diss cheap speakers cause everybody only knows about the good brand names - but if u are near broke ,nothing is wrong with cheap speakers/subs . I still have some cheaps 1s from back when i was now experimenting with music - obviously , 2day i will not advise anybody to go buy very cheap stuff ....

Bronze Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 64
Whats A abc Box

Gold Member

Post Number: 3740
correction the fs is 67 hz an even more intresting fact considering i was playing below fs

Gold Member

Post Number: 3741
one sec nester ill get you a link on them your right superfly ill put it this way the only way you make a discovery is to try something new ....sometimes even against what you think you know to be true in theory ....doing it cheap keeps the cost down and the potential loses low if you blow the speaker while making for a head scratching success story

Gold Member

Post Number: 3742
nester I cant find the site I was looking for but heres a good one to start

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=073332;p=1#000021

copy and paste the link in a new window and it will work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Cool

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2630
NE$TER - Ay , i eh hearing U !

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/175944.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
i de,ah see u real glad fe we fitball squad boy

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 179
The Kenwood "tornado" cone subwoofers have a very high FS so you're actually playing below it the entire time; I believe it's something like 160hz. Kenwood did this purposely to try and prevent big spikes in the actual range the subs most often play in. I'd like to see some pics of these subs and your setup, maybe something to go in the bragging area?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1123
Im not sure if that post had anything to do with this thread but NO WAY the Fs is that high.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 191
Mike you're right, the Fs is 35hz on the newer Kenwoods. The cone resonance is what is high, 170hz. This is a quote from Kenwoods web site. Never understood how the subs worked with that high of an FS but now I understand what they're saying.
"The newly developed "Tornado Type" diaphragm not only blows you away with the impact of its radical new design but also effectively improves the strength of the diaphragm itself. Its high rigidity enables the woofer to reproduce stable bass sound without distortion even for input of high-power signal. Unlike conventional diaphragms with resonance of about 100 Hz which may affect the bass sound, the "Tornado Type" diaphragm's resonance frequency is set at about 170 Hz - far beyond the usable bass frequency range. The result is an improved power linearity as well as powerful and tight bass sound with minimized resonance."

Gold Member

Post Number: 3745
illl be sure to keep the board posted on progress of my experiment

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4081
" the intresting thing is the fs of the 6.5's is 60 hz and they seem to play fine below that ill need further testing to confirm that but so far looks like my guess that the abc box can be used to go below a speakers fs can be used if set up correctly"

Sean, your tests are great and all, but you do realize that when a sub reaches it's fs it doesn't just hit a brick wall. Fs is the driver's resonant frequency in free air, where the impedence peaks; not the lowest frequency it can play.

- Not trying to question your knowledge at all, just wanted to make sure new people don't misunderstand what your saying and believe it's impossible to play below the fs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3748
"Sean, your tests are great and all, but you do realize that when a sub reaches it's fs it doesn't just hit a brick wall. Fs is the driver's resonant frequency in free air, where the impedence peaks; not the lowest frequency it can play."

Actually thanks Joe smoe I was thinking that was the lowest it could play but the reason why was that I was forgetting the definition of the word fs. Im glad you corrected me and reminded me of the facts. We all forget important details from time to time sometimes from what were told by others. Heres a case where remembering that kind of stuff made a person forget the true facts. Sorry peeps but Im very glad for Joes correction but he is 100% correct.

Knowledge is Power

Gold Member

Post Number: 3749
by the way joe I was thinking about how the abc box limits driver excursion by half in that first port tuned chamber do you think a third chamber would further reduce excursion amounts again? So that I could play well below a speakers usual frequency limits.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us