Tweeter flush Mount

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 970
Does anyone have any tips when flush mounting tweeters in the door? Also has anyone tried putting their midbasses in sealed enclosures in the doors? Or try porting them and tuning them low? Just curious

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 531
someone else on here suggested using 2 sided tape and moving the tweeters around till you find a spot you like. just use a hole saw i guess, drill the right size hole the first time, and make sure you have the space behind the panel for the tweeter too. i'd prob find something sturdy like a large washer or something to use as a backing if the tweeters use a screw/spring kinda installation.

you can put the mid bass in an enclosure, i've heard someone on here used a PVC pipe and end cap as a sealed enclosure for theirs and it worked great. its usually not worth it since most drivers are designed for use in an open door location. as far as ported goes, i know you can and i've only seen CDT give ported enclosure specs for their mid bass and mid range drivers.
(http://www.cdtaudio.com/midbass_drivers.htm)

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 971
thanks for the tips man. I plan on adding tweeters in the next few weeks to my kickers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us