Hard wiring an eclipse cd player in a 1990 toyota camry (Help!!)

Username: Ken_brown

Post Number: 3
Im trying to hard wire an eclipse radio in my 1990 toyota camry. im not sure if the wires from the car are even gettin any power because the wires arnt hot and my cd player dosent turn on. Is there any way to test to see if the wires getting power. im also wondering if my cd player is broken. Is there any way i could test my cd player and see if it lights up?

thanks,
ken brown

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2235
You can test your car's wires with a 12v DC automotive lightbulb to see if they're getting power.

Your head unit would need to be hooked up to a regulated 12v DC power supply that puts out about 4 amperes, 13 amperes if you plan on testing all of the speaker outputs.

Post Number: 4
i tried the 12v dc power lightbulb and got nothing. what do i need to do from here?

thanks,
ken brown

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2241
You've checked all of the fuses in the main fuse panel?

Post Number: 5
Allright heres the deal.. I went to nappa and bought a fuse tester to test my fuses. Then i went to my toyota dealer to try to get a fuse diagram to figure out which fuse went to the cd player and they didnt have one. So then i searched all over the internet for a fuse diagram and it looks like other people are looking for it too and arnt finding it. How do i procced?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2242
Why did you buy a fuse tester? You can just look at them to see if they've blown unless they're some exotic type of fuse...

Just check all of the fuses in the panel, pull them out with needle noose pliers (one at a time of course) and look at them. If they're blown, the metal band between will be seperated and the plastic surrounding it will possibly be blackened.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 373
oh yo jexx i got the radio thanks alot man its nice to have some music back in my car
only thing the remote wire dont work but no biggi i just hooked it up to the ignition
im runnin a jl 10w1 with a old school RF amp 40 rms bridged but im going to get like a 150 - 200 rms amp off ebay like mtx ive seen them go for bout 40$ shipped and either sell the RF amp (someone else is sellin the same amp its currently at 37$ with time still to go) or just use it for my front speakers 20 rms each channel

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 374
lol sorry to forum hijack just wanted to say thanx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2243
Ah, cool. Since I used a harness from a slightly different Aiwa, I think the remote wire is actually the antenna wire on that unit...not entirely sure but might be worth checking...

Post Number: 6
im stumped.. ive checked all the fuses by the driver side and they are all working and i am still not getting any power to the wires!! There may be some fuses under the hood that i havent checked but i dont think those would go to the cd player.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 379
in most cars theres 2 housing for fuses ones under the hood and ones around the driver side cousle

oh and jexx i tried all the blue wires non work but it doenst really matter u got any other things for sell i might be interested in them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us