Help with ported box sizes..

Username: Justinschmidt1

Post Number: 1
So ive got 2 infinity 1240w subs and I want to get a ported box..it says 2-3 cubic feet or w.e. I called audiojam and he says hes got a box with 1.5 per side so its .5 smaller than it should be..WIll this actually make a differance in how loud the sub is and how good it sounds..he wants to charge like 250 dollars for a custom one so thats crazy.

Silver Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 162
go custom, but go custom with quality work people. Anyone can glue a box and add some screws, but a true Car audio fanatic will make sure your box brings out the best of your subs.
Just make sure audiojam knows what their doing. Anyone who reccomends a smaller box then whats reccommended seems a little sketchy. Ussually people want them in bigger boxes.

Username: Nickboarder27

Inland EmpireUSA

Post Number: 8
seconded... box's are crutial

sub makers want their subs to sound their best so they do alot of R&D

build it yourself for much less $$$

Post Number: 2
Where can I get a custom box cheap..im not dishing out 250 dollars for a box.

Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 10
Try a local shop. Sometimes you can find a pretty good shop that will build them between 200-250. All depends on how 'custom' your getting into though. I'd look at some of their other boxes and check out the quality before I even asked them to build a box. Then specify exactly what you want. Heh, 5/8" MDF :P. For a lot less you could build one yourself and know what kind of quality your getting. I just don't trust others with my stuff, but heh. But really, 250, you could buy all the wood, tools, screws, glue, carpet/material w/e you need to build your own and probably still have money left over. Not to mention you'd begind to aquire a good skill and who knows, you might make some money building a box for one of your friends of someone else :P. Some peeps have seen my work and asked me how much I'd charge to do a fiberglass enclosure or custom fit sub box, never messed with it because I don't like messing with anyones car.

Post Number: 3
Well..yea thats the thing I dont want to spen that much ..considering I spent 106 total for the 2 subs..infinity 1240w..buy one get one free deal for 99.99..and another 105 for the amp..so thats 210 for both the amp and subs..the amp is a kenwood kac-7202. I would literally be spenin more on the box then the subs and amp combined..that would be dumb to me. I really dont see how a little differance in the box will change anything.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1024
dude il make u a box design..all u have to do is read the plans and cut the sizes...i decided 2 do it 4 free peeps...
email me dan_da_man_blhs64@hotmail.com if ya interested

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1025
Quote: "Well..yea thats the thing I dont want to spen that much ..considering I spent 106 total for the 2 subs..infinity 1240w..buy one get one free deal for 99.99..and another 105 for the amp..so thats 210 for both the amp and subs..the amp is a kenwood kac-7202. I would literally be spenin more on the box then the subs and amp combined..that would be dumb to me. I really dont see how a little differance in the box will change anything"

just ask marshall white what adjustin his box did..it gave him a good bit of increase man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us