Major dilemna resulting in head ache...

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 380
I cannot decide on what to get...I have a 96 accord. I was thinking of 3 10" se's, 2 12" se's, or a 15" sx. Or possibly a 15" avalanche if i can find one. I would like to keep it around 300 but it can easily stretch. I was originally gonna get a single idmax 12" but now im thinking re because of the prices. I listen to rap(never actually heard a really good sub) and i absolutly hate it when beats mix together!! What do you guys think?
SX good enough sq for me? O man, head ache....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1536
the 15 is what u want, if u listen to mostly rap

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Okay, thanks that saved me alot of thinking. But that still leaves the question, Will the sq be good enough? I mean the best sq subs ive really heard would two 12" w3's. I would like to have a setup a tad bit better sq and alot better spl.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 269
I have a 96 accord as well and im running two diamonds in a sealed box with a diamond amp and it sounds beautiful. I forgot what models everything is, but when i go back out i'll check. I also listen to rap too, and it sounds very nice in this car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Thanks a lot Eric. Im the type of person who is surrounded with kicker. So i want to have better spl and great sq! So im thinking of saving and gettin two sx's 12. But i don't know if it would be necessary.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 287
stevie are you totally hooked on RE if not you should look into 2 JL 12w6v2's or a 12w7 or 13w7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
well if i were to get sq like jl...i would rather get an idmax(not sure y but id just rather do it). PLus the W7's are expensive! I want to keep it under 400.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2582
i'd say 2 12s ported to get the best of SQ & SPL ...

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 175
Gotta be different here and say go for the 3 10in SE's. Triple sub setups look awesome and 3 10's will play low and clean. Go ported if you want the extra output from them.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 542
if sq is what you want then go with 2 12" SE's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us