My newest idea. i know theres been a lot. but ive thought this through..

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1226
okay newest idea from Trevor. take advantage of RE group buy. get 4 15 inch SEs. sell my 1000/1 get 2 RE 12.1s

im going to build a biggggg box. its actually 4 chambers but will look like one box. its going to be 15.55 cuft NET. 19.6075 cuft Gross interior. and 22.268 cuft gross exterior. each chamber will be 3.8875cuft net and have 42.5 sqin of port. thats a total of 170 sq inch of port! thats almost an 18inch sub of port lol. the tune comes to 28.4hz

i think this system will really hit hard and sound good. im estimating i can hit around 150 with it but who honestly cares. i know that its going to be too loud to listen to all the time at full volume. but i like having the capability 8)

oh and as for the highs. i think imgoing to get a zapco 1000.4 and run CDT components. i can do this right> get 2 sets of 4ohm components running off of each channel. so each component set will see 125w rms (probably more from zapco). im going to also get a ... i forget the brand. statrs with "I" i think. steve meade uses them. 300A alternator. his beched at 315A i think. run a zero gauge to the back where 2 batcap 800s will wait before the power reaches the RE12.1s ... i think im giong to do it! but i need to keep saving. i can afford the subs easily right now and thats what counts at the moment lol.

what do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 748
must be nice to have all that money :p

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2524
sounds good enough to get u deaf ! -lol

how's that gonna fit in an Escalade - u removing your back seat ?........

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 159
Dude, I'm just curious....where u get all that money? Ur 16, going to school, and owns a 2002 Escalade and your buying this big system??? Sweet man, must be nice to be able to buy all that. I certainly wish I could.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2530
he was asked that b4 & answer was valid but i can't remember what it was ........

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 752
honestly why do you need 4 subs though its not like youd be listening to that pumped all the time... unless u plan on competing alot.. also might wanna beef up the back springs hehe thats alot of weight going in the back of that escalade

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1232
young james- the car was my dads and when he got an 05 escalade it was just "around" so he let me have it. as for the money. i work for my dad. my parents dont pay for anything for my car unless its a birthday or xmas present. (that excludes gas and insurance. well i pay 1000 a year of insurance but not the total amount) i currently have about 1200 saved up but as u can see that idea costs much more. i think im going to start working extra to make more green. oh and btw im 17 now lol. and if u want to talk about money for a youngster. look at chauncys ride... damnnnn lol i love it, except for the kicker subs but hes thinking about replacing them lol.

superfly- yeah the back seat ios already removed. thats the 3rd row incase u meant 2nds row seat, the 2nd row stays lol.

mark- because i can lol. if there would ever be comps around me i would for sure go but there hasnt been one that i know of yet. and as for the springs. escalades have air suspension in the rear. when more weight is added u can hear the compressor turn on to adjust to it.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 161
awesome man.....too bad my parents didn't have an escalade lyin around, lol. How doesn't like to have gifts from parents? Why spend more money when you don't have to?? :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1237
"How doesn't like to have gifts from parents?"

what?? lol

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 163
my bad.......I meant to say "Who doesn't like to have gifts from parents?" Take everything you can from them!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 730
Lol. I'm hitting my Mom up for 4 pairs of Sony SS-MB350H 3-Way bookshelf speakers for Xmas, and two Cerwin Vega subs, as far as audio goes hehe. Comes close to $600! Then I get the fun stuff lol, like cologne, undergarments (since the real word isn't allowed), socks, clothes, and all the USUALS!

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 181
Tyler LMAO... you DAng Bum

All you DAM Moochers

LOL

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1250
one slight change, i think i might use eD nine.1 amplifiers and also eD stereo amps for my highs. and just curious, has any1 ever seen or used the 6.5 in woofers? they can be used as a midbass but play to 20hz. 13.5 mm of excursion and can be mounted in the doors. they look great. any1 think otherwise? ( they would be used (2 of them) along with CDT, CL62 i think it was, component sets. i want to have 2 cdt sets in the front, 1 in the back, and those eD mids in the back as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us