Eclipse 5441i v/s Alpine 9847

Username: Vpan12

Post Number: 1
hey everyone, i have been out of the car audio scene for a few years, and am looking for some advice on upgrading my head unit. I have an older eclipse 5441i in my car right now (driving an idq 12 and rf 6.5s through a punch 400.4 and a thunder 250) and i want to hook my ipod up to it. i was already bought an alpine 9847 and was planning to use the kca420i converter, but then i discovered that i can use my eclipse's cd changer input with a converter and that i dont even need the 420i if i want to control the ipod through the ipod itself. Since i can hook up the ipod to both, now I need to decide whether its worth keeping tnhe alpine deck or if i should sell it on ebay. Is it worth my $150 and time to swap them out? I'm most concerned with signal clarity and quality, i am intrigued by the bass center frequency control, bass band width adjustment, and bbe processing. without an eq, i find that the bass from the sub is often muffled depending on the music because the amp tone is set up for a slightly different range. Thanks for any advice.

v

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 24
I can officially say that i would rather control the ipod through the deck itself then the ipod when in the car. Makes life ten times easier!

The eclispe without a doubt will sound better so that's kind of a tough choice. if it was me, i would just buy a newer eclispe piece.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us