Polk db 6500?

Username: Case18204

Post Number: 2
because of the size of my door openings i need a pretty shallow speaker. i was told that the polk audio db 6500 was the best for the application so i bought them. but after reading some forums i'm feeling some buyers regret. does anybody know these speakers and how to get the most out of them?

Post Number: 4
nobody has any thoughts on these speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 516
speakers are a user thing, some people like certain brands where some people hate thoes same brands. i've heard the polk momos and they sounded pretty good. just try and give them their RMS ratings. also play with tuning on the amp and HU. installation determines how good speakers will sound most of the time too.

Post Number: 6
"installation determines how good speakers will sound most of the time too".

thanks for the input.so what should i do for the install. do you mean using sound deadening or what?

i was planning on giving them the reccomended 100w. any thoughts on a good 2 channel amp?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 518
by installation i mean, stock door location, kick panel location, where you mount the tweeter on the door, pillar, dash....ect.
thats something you'll have to play with, decide whether you want to put any more money into the car with kick panels or even custom door panels.
try putting them in the stock location, use 2 sided tape (as someone else on here suggested) to move the tweeter around and find a spot you like.
as far as an amp, can't think of any 100 watt 2 channel amps off the top of my head.

Post Number: 7
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP. I'LL START OFF WITH THE LOW END DRIVER IN FACTORY LOCATION AND TRY TO FIT THE TWEETER IN THE FACTORY LOCATION IN THE SAIL PANEL. I WAS CONSIDERING AN ORION 4002 AMP. ANY THOUGHTS?

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 524
orion amps are good, no objection to your amp choice.

Post Number: 9
OK GOOD. I DECIDED TO GET THE ORION 4002 AMP. BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHERE TO PUT IT. IT'S PRETTY BIG AND THERE'S NO WAY IT'S GONNA FIT UNDER MY SEAT OR UNDER THE DASH. AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT IT IN THE TRUNK AND RUN THE WIRES ALL THE WAY BACK THERE? AND WHAT TYPE OF AMP KIT SHOULD I USE? OH AND WHAT SIZE FUSE DO I NEED? I KEEP SEEING ALL OF THESE NUMBERS THAT MEAN NOTHING TO ME!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us