Disabling the e-brake feature

Username: Steve6971

Barrington, New jersey Usa

Post Number: 1
i read some threads about disbaling this feature about other models but i just wanted to ask about my model. so how do make it possible to watch dvds while driving ? thanks in advanced guys

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 504
yours should be able to ground and be fine too, to test just put in a dvd to watch, unhook the wire from whereever its hooked up now, hold it on a bolt or something to ground it, it it shows video, grounding will work, if not, then you'll need somehting else.

look down a thread or so, i posted how to use a switch for grounding the unit, just in case you get pulled over or something.

Username: Steve6971

Barrington, New jersey Usa

Post Number: 2
ok i get the basic idea of what your saying but im a little dumb when it comes to electrical things. so your saying all i have to do it take the wire the comes from the dvd players thats connected to the parking brake and disconnect it from the brake a just take that wire and ground it to something ? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 515
yes. but some units won't turn on while that wire is grounded, thats when a switch will be needed. i recomend a switch anyway so if you get pulled over, you can switch it to where you have to pull the e-break to show the cop. or if you let someone borrow your car and don't want them watching tv and driving.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 177
Ground the parking brake wire with the black wire on wiring harness.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us