Components..... ??? kinda lost......... help plz

Username: Aznegg

Post Number: 1
ok so ive been looking around for a few days for a set of components, researching etc.

but anyway at the moment i have a CDA-9853 alpine head unit

I bought 2 sets of pioneer speakers, about a year ago before knowing anything about car audio, shortly after i bought (2) rockford fosgate HE2's and a p8002 punch rockford fosgate amp

i am happy with the subs, but not with the speakers (obviously)

i am looking to spend 400-550 us on a set of components + amp (i take it ill only need for the front door?)

what are pros / cons of only putting components in the fronit and leaving back empty (i take it the pioneers wont keep up in quality and will just be a waste of space)

In addition, i was looking at the SPX-177r components from alpine, but didnt know where they range in regards to quality (yes i know about focal utopias, but no i cannot afford them)

so i was wondering if anyone knew of any other components at a comparible price which exceeds the alpine in sound quality.

Also what should i do about the read speaker holeS?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, ive read tones and tones of reviews and tones of great advice in regards to subwoofers on this site, so any advice on some components for my car would be great.

Car:

1995 acura integra.

oh ive also heard about the resonent engineering XXX components are they any good? (ive read a review of RE's vs the spx-177r's but not one on the XXX's from resonant engineering)

again, all comments are greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 500
i wouldn't get the spx177r's, i had a pair, giving them 75 clean watts and the tweeters blew in a couple weeks. got a set of boston rally comps and they sounded so much better then the alpines it made them sound like stock speakers. wasn't happy with sound quality, when they did work, at all.

i'd look at infinity, polk, cdt, jl, dynaudio, dls....thats all i can think of off the top of my head, just look around the speaker forum and you'll find info on other brands. Jonathan is who you need to talk to about speakers.

and check out Glass's article on rear fill to answer your questions about rear speakers.
www.wickedcases.com

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 206
Before i say anything speakers are veryyy personal. Some like DLS have very punchy and hard tweeters while others like dynaudio are more relaxed and studio sounding. (my two favorite brands)

All of the names brandon mentioned are great so look at the ones that you believe are in your price range and then compare them.

Post Number: 2
great suggestions, keep them comming, i was actually thinking about the XR's

thanks for an awesome link Brandon

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1539
"Some like DLS have very punchy and hard tweeters"

very neutral sets. not quite as much as the dyns, but the highs are certainly far from hard. extremely studio sounding components. i like them too.

Post Number: 3
anyone heard about the XXX components from resonant engineering?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us