Replacement Sub

Username: Cjwillie

Belton, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
I recently had my JL Audio 10" subwoofer stolen from my Ford Mustang. I have an Eclipse Amp 3620, 2/1. I do not know the model number for the 10" but it cost me $200 several years ago. I now moved away from home and the place that installed everything is only dealing with home audio now. Was curious to where and what kind of replacement sub I should invest in. The thieves were rude enough to cut the wire going into the sub instead of unplugging it from the box so i must somehow figure out how to plug that in and what wire I need for the connection between the amp and sub. So any input on this subject would be helpful, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1700
bump, poor guy

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 550
can't really find any good info on that amp other then 75 watts X 2, so i guess thats around 125 watts X 1. if you want to get a JL aub again, a 10 W1v2 or 10W0, which is prob what you had.

where exactly did the wire get cut?? the wires go from the sub (positive and negitive) to the amp (positive and negitive), make sure you keep the polarities matched. if theres a terminal box on the sub box, then the wire goes from the sub, to the terminal box and from the box to the amp the same way. usually screw or spring connectors hold the wires at the terminal box. JL W1v2's and W0's are SVC subs, so theres only 1 - and 1 + connection.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1028
RE SE www.reaudio.com

Username: Cjwillie

Belton, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
i went to a local place here, and they told me i had the w3v2 bc i paid 199 for it like 4yrs ago

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 285
did they have the v2's 4 years ago? could be wrong but i thought that was their newer model of the W3's. maybe im just stupid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us