Boston Acoustics

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 63
Ok I saw some Boston Acoustic 6x9s with dual 1" tweeters built in. I was like WTF? They must sound incredible. Do you people think Infinitys will beat these Boston Acoustics? If yes, well then is Boston Acoustic a good brand? How good do they reproduce sound?

Thanks,
aLeX

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 495
boston acoustic speakers are great, but whether they are better then infinity depends on the listener. a lot of people say boston speakers have their own sound, like mb quart. i've had a pair of boston comps and they were great, loud and clear.

usually the dual tweeter speakers, one is a normal tweeter and the other is an ambient tweeter. i don't know how to explain what that means or does though, hopefully someone else can.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 27
An ambient tweeter is crossed over at a higher hertz so that the high's will be clearer. Also the ohm ratings are changed on the tweeter so that it is not as loud.

It is also used for imaging. You can learn mroe about it, they have actual ambient tweeters www.bostonacoustics.com

The Bostons are WAY better in my opinion. Just listen to them at your local store.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us