Alpine VS RF???

Bronze Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 94
what would be better sound quality subs the alpine type R's or Rocksford fosgate punch series, in not really looking at rms yet just what would sound better because i went to best buy and the RF sounded better but i have always been set on the alpines and i just want other peoples input thanks

Anonymous

dont buy from bestbuy. way overpriced. i would get Rs over RF

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
i wasn't gonna buy them from there i just went here to see how they sound cause i knew that they had both kinds, and the alpine didnt sound that great but idk if it was just the way they had it hooked up but thanks for the input... anyone else have any?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 151
It's hard to listen to people when it comes to buying subs sometimes. If you were able to hear the 2 in person, than it sure beats someone telling you what they are like. If you like the sound of the RF's better, than go with them. If you like the Type R better, than go with that one. It's all up to you and what you prefer. Remember, you are the one listening to it everyday, not everyone else!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1381
are u sold on those 2 brands

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4076
Listen to both and choose for yourself, it's the wisest decision. Your the one that has to listen to it, not us.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 199
Try and listen to them in a car tho. any sub can sound ok in a store with the right box but when u put it in a car it sounds horrible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
im not completely set on those to brands but those are the ones i've been looking at the most... i want to be able to get 2 subs for around 200 dollars and have them be 500watts rms each or i was gonna get 3 RF's cause the punch were like 300 watts each but anyways in the store they had 2 RF's in one big ported box and the type R was only one 10 inch that was in a small sealed box so its hard to choice when they arent in the same type of box and its not the same number of subs... what else could i get that has good SQ for around 200? or should i stick with one of these?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
Mr. Brown what else do you have in mind cause you make me think that there is something better out there for around the same price??

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1117
I wouldnt go with one over the other based on what you heard at best buy. Usually all the subs in best buy are in different boxes and even though there in the same generally area of the store some may have advantages over others based on location, such as close to a wall then the other. So there really is no way you can tell by listening to them unless it was in your car with the same type of box. Thats the only way to make a decent fair judgement.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1119
Closer to the wall*** And who knows maybe the more expensive subs are rigged so that they actually do sound better then the cheaper subs to get you to buy them. I seriously wouldnt be surprized.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us