Diference between Pioneer DEH-6700mp & DEH-P670mp

Bronze Member
Username: Machman72

Alabama

Post Number: 19
I am looking at getting a Pioneer HU. Does anyone know that difference in these two units. the specs seem to be the same and the warrenty does also. I am looking for a unit under $200. 2.2v outputs don't matter because I will probably never add an amp...if I do, it will only be for a small sub(maybe one 10").

Also, does anyone know if these units dim when you turn on your headlights? I had an Alpine 9827 that was too bright at night so I sold it. I did have it hooked up correctly. My present Clarion dims great and is even adjustable but I am looking to upgrade and my girlfriend needs a headunit so she will get my 1 year old clarion.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Bronze Member

Alabama

Post Number: 20
OK I just realized that the DEH-P670mp does have a 2 year warrenty. That seems to be the only difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 25
On top of that, all the connectors inside the unit itself is gold plated for better connections, and the DSPs are slightly better then the non primere piece.

Username: Jzukow

Post Number: 2
I have the Premier P670. It's a great deck. I think other differences are the 1 of the animated screen savers is a circuit board, not the cars racing. Also the Premier has 3 pre-outs. it's more of a silver shade on the faceplate. It also has HPF/LPF. I'm not sure the P6700 has that too.

Username: Jzukow

Post Number: 3
I don't have the dimmer/illumination wire hooked up, so it doesn't dim. But I know you can change the brightness of the display in the factory setup menu.

Bronze Member

Alabama

Post Number: 21
Thanks guys. You have eased some of my curiosities. I have made a chnage in my plans. I have ordered a Pioneer 3700 for my girlfriend and will be keeping my Clarion until it kicks the bucket. All my GF really cares about is if it works and sounds good, so I saved a few bucks and bought a cheaper deck for her(which was totally fine with her).

Dave D
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at getting a deck under $200, and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the P670 too. Is there something anyone else would advise for this price range? Thanks.

Bronze Member

Alabama

Post Number: 22
When/if my Clarion goes, I am probably going with the P670mp. I looked at it against just about every other brand except Eclipse. Do a search on Bottomdollar.com to find the best price.

Good luck and let me know how you like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us