Pop goes the speaker

Username: Metalinspired

Post Number: 1
I have weird problem with my car stereo and I can't seem to find what is causing it. When ever I "do" something on my stereo like changing the band, or changing between CD or tuner there's a loud pop on all of my speakers. Like there's some capacitor that discharges onto the speakers. Even on woofer amplifier. That only happens when unit cut's off sound never when it starts playing. My unit is Pioneer DEH-3500MP. I checked all connections and they are all ok (tried disconnecting amplifier still no go) so I can't figure out what is causing this. I don't think it is the unit but I also don't remember if I had same pop's when I firstly installed the unit some time ago. Any suggestions? Cheers

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 665
My HU does that...But it's only when I turn the HU on after the car has been on for more than a few minutes, and when I turn the HU off while the car is running, and leave it set off.

Mine is most likely because my remote runs to my power wire on the HU. My SPEAKERS don't pop though, only the subs, and I think that's why.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 482
i think thats why they have a turn on delay in some HU's and Amps. the initial turn on like charges all the components in the amps and creates the poping noise i think.

Post Number: 2
My remote has it's own wire that doesn't interact with any other. Just like all other wiring. That's whay I can't figure out what is causing this :S

Post Number: 3
never mind. I found out it was the amp all this time. damn thing. sorry to waste your time :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us