Old alpine deck

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 39
my bro has an old alpine deck (25x4 max). he also has a fosgate 15 in the back, with a profile 600sx. i'd be thinkin this should shake the shlt out of the car, or at least the trunk. does the deck (wattage that it puts out) have to do a whole lot on the amount of bass the sub puts out? or the amp kit that it has right now? i don't have any spare decks that are 50x4 so i have no way of testing for myself. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2153
the only thing that really affects the bass is teh sub itself, the amp driving it, the box that sub is in, and the vehicle being used.
there are other mroe minor factors but those are the bigguns.

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 45
but the deck itself only puts out 25 watts max at each channel? isn't that a big difference compared to today's decks that put out 50 watts max per channel? wouldn't the bass sound different?

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 43
it will make a difference for the door speakers/tweeters etc thats its powering. nothing that will make a huge difference. todays HU's are usualy around 23-27 watts rms. the 40, 50, 60 watts etc u see is the max power output pf the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2450
the most powerful head units I know put out 27 watts x 4 RMS.
most head units put out 11 to 22 watts x 4.
stop paying attention to the BS max or peak ratings.
RMS is all that matters, and no head unit puts out much clean power with the possible exception of the Alpines with Vdrive, and even those and similar products aren't all that impressive next to a real class AB 4 channel amplifier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us