(newbie) what speakers do i need for 52Wx4 peak?

AndeE
Unregistered guest
Hi everybody,

I'm going for a 52Wx4 peak Sony Xplod (I think it is approx 26Wx4 RMS)
Model: CDX-S2210S or CDX-R3410.

I have absolutely no idea what speakers I should go for. I was suggested 180W or 220W. Pl let me know what speakers I should go for. Does x4 mean 4 speakers? Or can I do with 2 speakers?

Please help me out... Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 605
Just so you have an idea, peak for most of us doesn't mean a whole lot, so just ignore peak ratings. You want to be looking at the RMS ratings. If you can, avoid all Sony car audio products. Also, if you're looking for decent coaxial speakers that are cheaper, check out any of the Infinitys. Speakers will sound much better running off an amp, as opposed to running off your head unit.

AndeE
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your reply. Any specific reason to avoid Sony car audio products?

Bronze Member
Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 14
Sony receivers for cars are not very good
(I learned the hard way). The speakers are cheap as well, at least from what I've seen and heard from other people. Go with infinity as jake said, I have a complete infinty audio system for my car and it REALLY sounds good, especially for rock music. I think Infinity is owned by HarmanKardon, and they make really good speakers audio systems.

AndeE
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. I will look at the options available to me.

Anonymous

infinity reference speakers on E-Bay!!!!!!

awesome starter system and it beats stock systems by a milestone.

btw, you headunit will put out around 25watts RMS to each speaker. and the infinity speakers can handle around 100watts RMS per speaker. so if you ever get an amp, the infinity's can handle it.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 627
Yea in general, Sony is crap, no clue about anythign else besides car audio, but whatever.
Yea those guys are correct about Infinity being great bang for the buck product, and even better when amped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us