Pioneer DEH P7700MP Problem

Haserfauld
Unregistered guest
Hey guys,

I have a problem. I bought a P7700MP off eBay (it was new) a couple months ago, and installed it myself in my 1988 Civic. I got a set of 4 OZ speakers and installed them myself. I did the harness myself as well (used heatshrink and solder). It sounded great. Now, a few days ago while playing a CD, suddenly the sound stopped. All 4 speakers at once. I shut off the HU and turned it back on, and still nothing.

When I turn the HU on, I get a "CLICK" in the speakers, but nothing beyond that. The HU seems to function perfectly (display, ability to pick up radio stations and such), but no audio. I disconnected the harness and plugged in the old factory HU and it works fine. So basically, the problem is either my HU or the harness. Is there any scenario in which the harness would fail and cause all 4 speakers to cut out at once, but allow the HU to remain powered and all that?

Or, is it more likely my HU is busted?

Thanks for any help,

Greg

cobra12
Unregistered guest
Have you tried testing the speakers?

Haserfauld
Unregistered guest
Yes....I plugged the old factory HU in and the speakers are fine.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2175
Did you test the wiring on the aftermarket harness?

Haserfauld
Unregistered guest
I tested most (if not all) the pins, and they tested out. Is it likely the harness, considering the HU still powers on, and all 4 speakers cut off at once?

03-EXPO
Unregistered guest
IVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY NEW PIONEER 770MP. I SENT IT IN UNDER WARRANTY AND THEY FIXED IT. HAD IT BACK FOR 2 WEEKS AND THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURED. POWER AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE BUT THERE IS NO SOUND. MY STOCK IS CURRENTLY INSTALLED AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM THERE.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2272
Please, please do not type in all caps.

Pioneer does not have any type of protection circuitry when speaker wires cross. They just stay on and fry the output IC. It can take anywhere from zero to fifteen minutes for it to happen. That is probably what is happening to you.

03-EXPO
Unregistered guest
How can you cross wires when your using stock wiring and just connecting a harness. I had and older model Pioneer the 7200 in the same vehicle with no problems same wiring. Hooked the 770 up and it worked fine for about 4 months then just shut off while driving down the road. Ive always used Pioneer and this is the only one i had a problem with.

By the way look no caps..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2274
Other things can come in contact with the unit (the whole thing is one big ground) and fry it as well.

The best thing to do is to just take it into a repair shop and have them look at it for you. If it's still under warranty, send it in. If it continues to have the problem (even after it has been repaired again), you can ask them to exchange it for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us