Replacing a stolen Pioneer with a 5-yo Rampage.

Username: Koepkeb

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am trying to install an AV-340 rampage (audiovox) radio in my 95 Mazda Protege. I used to have a newish pioneer radio (came with the car, was bought used) and it was stolen. I see some wiring harnesses for the pioneer, but the radio i have now has the simple 4 speaker wires and power wire. I see from various websites that those wires may have been cut to make way for the new harness. Is there anyway to recover that? or is there a plug or somesort to convert it back?

Thanks!
Beckky

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2165
I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm assuming the less than average quality Audiovox only has two speaker out wires and your car is configured for four. Only hook up the front speakers; tape off the rears.

Post Number: 2
I'm sorry about that.

My biggest problem is I can't tell which wires are the speaker wires as I have this : http://www.installer.com/photos/wh49.jpg visable. I've traced the wire bundles back and there is no trace of the original wires.

Does that help at all?

Thanks again.
Becky

Post Number: 3
I broke down and got a local mechanic to do it. Just for future ref, the soln was to get rid of the wire bundles and hardwire the radio in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us