Alpine CDA-9853 sound issue with amp?

Username: 2001durango

Post Number: 5
Got a Scosche wire harness (Model #CR012) for my 2001 Dodge Durango. The truck came with a factory Infinity amp and speaker system + sub. I'm installing a Alpine CDA-9853 deck. I wired, to my knowledge, everything correctly. When hit the ignition on the truck the deck turns on. I tune the radio to a station and the deck is showing power from the station, a lil bar is showing the volume it's producing, yet, nothing is coming through the speakers? Someone I was talking to said I need a wiring harness that includes an amp wire for Infinity systems? Is this true? How can I get some f'n sound from this deck? I'm very annoyed and have a truck with panels everywhere. Thanks guys, help is needed ASAP!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2164
Yes, you'll also need an amp bypass wiring harness. Crutchfield carries them for sure, and the place you purchased your original harness from might carry it as well.

Username: 2001durango

Post Number: 6
Jexx, thanks man! Actually, I figured it out! :-) I just crimped my spare blue wire that is for antenna power to the blue/white wire on my new deck, it works fine! WOOOO sounds awesome too! Now to install the new Infinity speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us