NEED TO LEARN!! HELP WANTED!!!

Username: J_delbs

Post Number: 4
ok, amps, subs, boxes??? amps-wat do all the types do??? mon, 2chan, 4chan, and wats with the wattage??? RMS and all that!! wats it all have to do with ne thing?? SUBS-i know they come in different sizes just need to know about the 2ohm, 4ohm, RMS, peak, different coils n stuff??? and lastly boxes- wats basically better sealed box or vented?? thanks all for your help and BTW i have 2 12" alpine type E subs wats the best power to match my subs??? 750 peak/ 200 RMS!! plz yalls help a kid out!!!

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 597
www.bcae1.com
Read the whole site and remember it all and you'll be pretty knowledgable.

Bronze Member
Username: Pimpzeus

United States

Post Number: 36
ok j delbs mono ampis made to push one sub,2 channel will push two,4channel will push 4 subs. i must say though there is ways to wire amps to push harder. with a mono amp u can push more than one sub just parallel them. that is where u wire on sub to theamp then run another positive and negative wire from the sub u wired up previously so u can hook on another sub. bridging on a two channel amp would make it mone. this is where u take a positive and a negative from each side and join them. u do the same thing with the remaining positive and negative.if bridging a 4 channelamp it makes it a two channel amp obviously. subs come in single and dual voice coil single voice coil is pretty much limited. but a dual voice coil can be wired up to jar ur brains out. lol. the lower the ohms the more power u have in a sub.Vented boxes ar for a boomy type of base and dont require alot of power. sealed gives u a real tight bass sound and u need more power to drive the sub because it gets less compression in thesealed box.hey kid get a 4 channel alpine amp with about 700 watts and bridge it so it will give u twice the power.thats about all i can think of for now but if u need any more help just email me at rebelguy75@yahoo.com or 07bhackney@metcalfe.k12.ky.us
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us