Another amp?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 222
how would i go by adding another amp to my headunit when it only has one output which is alreay being used?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1530
does your amp thats already hooked up to the HU have RCA outs? if it does, you can just hook amp2 to the RCA outs on amp1.

or you could try y-splitters or an external crossover.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 223
does it matter if the amp im connecting it to is powering my sub and im gunna use the other amp to power 6.9's?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 224
also would i need seperate ground,power,amp turn on ect....?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 225
ne one?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 410
Yes, you'd need seperate power wires. It's not wise to piggy back them. Just get a distribution block. Is your current power wire large enough to carry enough current, however? If so, just use a dist block, and put the wire you're using now, to the block, then two wires coming out of it, going to your amps. You can do the same thing with your ground.

Your remote wire, can be piggybacked. However, a warning on this issue, your decks remote output isnt meant to deliver that much power. If you're using your remote out to power anything else (normally just a pair of amps wont cause any problems), I recomend getting a bosch relay for like $2 at an autoparts store, and use your remote to activate the relay, and use your 12v power source, to then go to your remote outs through the relay.

Seth

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 227
thanks alot seth, i have a 4awg amp kit, i think it should be good?now what type of amp would be good to power to 6.9's, jsut want something cheap, like how many watts would i need to make them sound better then jsut running off the headunit?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 415
hmm. Well, how many watts RMS are your amps? That's pretty much what will decide of 4 AWG is sufficient or not.. Honestly, anything over 1000 watts RMS, I would upgrade to 0awg. There are several charts on various internet sites showing the length of wire/gauge current carrying capacity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us