Question On How to hook up a CD Player

Username: Ripster

TN United States

Post Number: 1
I do not know where to put my amplifier remote wire in to the harness. Do I even put it in their at all

Bronze Member
Username: Gezyon

Havelock, NC United States

Post Number: 17
Well the remote wire should be coming off the back of the stereo harnessattached to the "antenna" wire, if it is a aftermarket radio it should be pretty easy to find, should be a lone blue wire on the back and might even have a lable on it. If it is the factory wire, just google the cars stereo system or wiring harnes for the radio, and find the "antenna" wire and hook it up there. That should work for you.
If you need futhure assistance a digital multimeter could come in handy, just find the wire on the radio connector that has a positve 12VDC when the ignition is on and when the car is in ACC. That is the wire you want.

Unregistered guest
i jus bought a duraband cd player cuz the old cd player tok a crap. i had the old one installed at electronics store. when in stalling the new one i followed the colors of the old one.(grey with black line down it to the other grey with black from harness). when doin this to all of them no sounds come out of stock speakers only subs work. 1994 chysler lhs help me ASAP. college student no money

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 875
you do not hook up to antenna wire, that means that when you put in a cd the amp will cut off. the antenna wire only has power when radio is playing... It should go to amp turn on or system control wire.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 876
look for a blue wire off the aftermarket harness and connect it to the amp turn on or system control wire(usually blue off radio) the car may have a factory amp that needs to be turned on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us