Speaker problems? what do i do?

Big Guy
Unregistered guest
I have two 6x9 infinity speakers in the rear deck of my 98 camry and am running it through a sony amp (which i regret). I installed it myself about 3 years ago but recently the one the right has been cutting out, but not all the way. When I shut off the other speakers I hear the music from that speaker but its EXTREMLY quiet. It will go back to normal or cut out if I hit a big bump in the road. I checked the connections from the amp to the speaker but found no problem. What do I do next?

randy l
Unregistered guest
Hey man, i had the same problem once, you should check the speaker itself, usually the actual strands of wire that go through the paper are loose on the terminals, it needs to touch the metal sufficiently on the terminal, i used hot glue haha it works fine, but just push it onto the metal to make sure first that it's working, good luck

Anonymous

you could also have gotten dirt inside the voice coil and its seizing up a bump in the road can knock it loose or a loud bass hit could seize it
check your tinsels like randy said.. if thats not the case wire the other channel up to the problem speaker.. if it still does it then your speaker probably got some grit in the coil

if you get to the point and declare its dirt in there.. buy a can of compressed air and waste the can on the speaker.. about your only chance of bringing it back to life with dirt (except adding ferofluid)

Big Guy
Unregistered guest
It's gotta be dirt...how do i get to the voice coil with compressed air?

Anonymous

if it has a pole in the middle of the speaker with a tweeter on it.. spray around that pole towards the magnet.. if it doesnt have a pole coming out the middle of the speaker you gotta take the dust cap off and you will see a silver circle.. spray around the edge of the circle
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us