Contest - Build system for CHEAPEST PRICE! Help me, guys!

Username: Dijitel

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, I saw how knowledgeable all the posters were on this forum so I thought I'd try this out...

Ok, here's the deal. I have a 1992 Toyota Corolla. Not the prettiest car on the block. The factory stereo is near dead, the paper factory speaker have all blown except for one, the tape deck doesn't work unless you push down the tape with your finger to touch the heads -- it's a total mess.

So I bet a few friends that I could make the system sound decent for mere pennies. They didn't believe me. So I need your help here!

Basically what I want to do to start off is just buy two good 4" speakers to replace the broken factory ones. I do not want to buy a new head unti at this time. So my first question is, can I just hook up the new speakers to my factory head unit? I don't need a sepratae amp to power the new speakers, right? (The tape deck is broken, but i'm going to try to fix it).

I want to spend something like $30 on the new pair of speakers. Any ideas? used would be ideal.

Any other suggestions, please let me know. Email is the best way to get in touch,

rkulchar@mac.com.

Thanks!!

Unregistered guest
open box infinity reference speakers on ebay.

best bang for the buck. and yes you can just do a quick swap and they will work.

Just a quick suggestion, if its possible to fit the 6.5" speakers in the front, it would be a great improvement.

Unregistered guest
here's a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-4012I-4-2-WAY-AUDIO-LOUDSPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ582721581 6QQcategoryZ14938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and there's plenty more like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us