Speaker Problems.. Advice Needed!

Username: Jessika

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if you had any advice for me!

I have had my car (92' Magna SE) for little over a year now, and when I purchased it, it came with a good sound system;
Pioneer Amp, 10" Sub, 2 Sony 6x9's (I think they are 250W) and two front 6' speakers.

Over the past say 5 months my speakers one by one are crackling.

First time it was the rear right speaker and it had only crackled for a day. When I got back in the car that afternoon, even when I had the sound turned all the way down it would blast out a extremely loud crackling sound. It was so bad that even when I had my system on 28 u still couldn't drown out the sound.

We ended up just taking the wire out of the speaker so we could still use the stereo and other remaining 3 speakers.

Now 1 by 1 all the other ones are doing the same thing.. Someone told me this could have something to do with my amp? I do have my music loud and I know the stereo does use a lot of power, especially when its on its highest setting and bass.

Any Ideas?

Please leave a comment or email me at jezz7@hotmail.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Jessie.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 120
Are the speakers on the amp of just the sub, is it an aftermarket radio. what blows speakers the quickest is not power, BUT DISTORTION, by turnig radio up so high, you send distorted powere to speakers, also if to much bass in radio also, interiors are really meant for sound and clarity, not bass. do not be confused by factory setups, they are made to sound a particualr way at very low power. replace all speakers a place them on a decent 4channel amp, you will notice the difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us