RCA or head unit trouble.

Username: Shags

Post Number: 1
I am currently trying to run a JBL 300.1 amp and a rockford 200S to run 3 10" subs. The JBL will be pushing two of the subs and the rockford one bridged. I was wondering about the RCA cable. My head unit, Blaupunkt BPV 755 only has one set of RCA jacks. I already got some Y spliters (one female going to 2 males) but I was wondering if putting these in wil decress preformance of my current two 10"'s.

Currently only running the JBL 300.1 with 2 10" at 4 ohms.

Also I found something odd, while my subs are playing if i unplug the left channel, nothing happends to the sound, if I unplug my right channel the subs stop playing enterly. Is this right? I think there is something wrong with my head unit. Any input would be appreciated.

Shags.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2114
that's normal for a mono signal.

suggestion for the JBL:
put Y splitters on it so all 4 inputs get signal.
see if you notice a difference in output :-)

you can also split the signal to the second amplifier as well.
you shouldn't notice much difference in signal as long as the input sensitivity is set for each amp to compensate for any minor signal change with the splitters.

Post Number: 2
Ya well the left channel on the RCA cables is not working, I think its busted on the head unit.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2141
did you try plugging that left feed into the right channel of the amp to test it?

did you make sure it didn't come loose at the head unit?

Post Number: 3
it came loose off the head unit, sorry guys. But splitting it made the amps loose there quality, EI not as loud or as crisp bass. The head unit only pushes out 2V out of the line out. Maby 1V per amp was not good enuf.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2162
the voltage was still 2V to each amp, the loss was in the current, which may have weakened the signal.

still, put the Y splitters on the inputs for the JBL so all 4 inputs get signal.
you'll see quite an improvement.

Post Number: 4
I brought the Y splitters back, they were 45$ for not all that much improvement, well not 45 dollars worth for my taste.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2179
who the hell charged you $45 for two Y splitters?
www.knukonceptz.com
they're like $2 each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us