New speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 217
i jsut finished the install in my winter vehicle and my sub is drowning out my front stock 6.9's running off my head unit(JVC), they are the only speakers in the vehicle, if i was to replace the 6.9's with new speakers would it be the same or noticably louder, also the head unit has wires for 2 rear speakers, if i wanted to add rear speakers would i just directly connect the speaker wire to these wires?....thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 110
Put a four channel amp on them and add rear speakers

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 218
sorry if i didnt make it clear, but this is just my system for my winter car, so i dont really feel like spending money on an amp, i already got a system in my summer car...so ne one else?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 219
ne one else?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 590
The only way you're going to match volumes is by an amp, I think.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 220
so how would i go by adding another amp if my h/u only has one set of outputs...is their a way to add another amp?

Anonymous

your stock speakers are 8 ohm
that means if your radio puts out 10 watts the front speakers are only getting 5 watts

if they are stock speakers i would suggest getting a cheap pair of jensen three ways and hooking up both the front and rear channels to the jensens doubling your power making it as loud as possible (if you do that to the stock speakers they might blow)

if that isnt enough sell those jensens for 30 and put down another 30 for some infinitys and get an amp

all you need to hook up another amp is a rca Y adapter
that plugs into the rca spot and gives you two rca sets one for the subs and one for the other amp

you can get that at walmart radio shack

really some jensen three ways and a jensen amp would be cheap and sound twice as better then now for only 60 bux

jensen speakers have a warm vocal tone as long as they dont have a lot of bass going to them
or look for some used infinitys and a jensen amp
jensen amps do their job unless your head unit can turn up loud enough to make them distort
your jvc will distort before the jensen amp would

a little history lesson..
jensen was top of the line about 30 years ago
infinity ruined them while fisher was an over priced rival with lesser quality and more volume

plus you can put that jensen amp under the driver seat and itll be a butt warmer after an hour or so at high volume
(youll burn your hand on that amp before it shuts off :P)

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 232
so would i have to buy 2 rca y adaptors? one for each side of the output(left and right)....

Anonymous

yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us