Component speakers problems

Username: Kam2718

Post Number: 1
Hey guys im new here, and I needed some help with my car system. First off I took out all the speakers in my car and added all kicker. I put component speakers into the doors and into the back pannels. tweaters in the front and the back. So I have 8 speakers in the car. I have 1 12" solo baric and 2 amps. One amp running the sub and one amp running the comp. speakers.

The problem im having is that i am getting a high pitched noise when the system is on. Its only coming from the back component speakers, nowhere else. The wires are run correct, AC on one side and power on the other side. I have a good ground for both amps. I just cant think of what the problem is...if you guys can think of anything please let me know

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 121
could be a bad set of RCA's, could be a bad head unit ground, and it could be introduced noise from some other source. Do you have all of the component speakers running off of a single 4 channel amplifier? If so I'de say you have a bad set of RCA cables.

Username: Kam2718

Post Number: 2
Yeah they are all running off of a single 4 channel amp. If the rca's are the problem, wouldnt all the comp. speakers making this noise...Because only the ones in the back are making the noise.

Anonymous

if the pitch is louder then the music you have a speaker wire touching the metal of the car

if its not louder then the music it could be the amp thats bad.. change the front to back and back to front.. if then the front makes noise its a good chance the amp is not correct

make sure your rca's arent touching anything if they are the kind that have metal showing (some have no metal showing when they are plugged in)

if your rca's were bad i think they wouldnt work
(even the cheapest dont make noise unless they run down the side of the car together with power wires)

you could also change the rcas from front to back and see if that changes anything
(another way to tell if its the amp)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 125
So you only have 1 set of RCA's running to a 4 channel amp? If this is the case then try rewiring the speakers to the amp. Also if RCA's are bad they will continue to work, just won't be right. If you don't want to take the time to rewire, or if you do it and they still whine try changing the front components and back components on the amplifier channels, see if your front comps whine. This way you can isolate it to your amplifier or the wiring.

randy l
Unregistered guest
Definately check to see if your audio wires (rca, speaker wire and REM) are not near power wires or if they have to be crossing, do it perpandicular, it can cause interferrence if they are run side by side.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us