Everyones help appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 52
Hey all, hows it going. I recently just finished up my time in the service and now have entered my civilian career. Im currently working at Best Buy (yah yah i know i know) in the Car Audio Sales department. Good pay, good benefits ect...., and the one I work at is the highest rated car audio deptartment in any Best Buy in the country. Good job to maintain while going to college if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I hate to steer people in the wrong direction, or get asked a question I dont know the answer too. I want to help the customers out when they want to buy a product, and want to steer them in the correct direction. I DONT want to be your typical Best Buy Car Audio salesman who doesn't know whats going on. I was taught to be the best that I could be at my job, and want to continue doing so in the civlian world, with this being my new job, I would like to be the best possible.

I know a decent bit about car audio, and have been reading a lot of stuff on it. I have about 27 pages worth of printed information from various websites explaining how stuff works, what to look for ect.

Anyways, I want to ask you all for some tips on some stuff, and how, when you know what you want or have a question, how you want to be approached by myself.

To start off here a few quick questions (I know hardly anything about installation of amplifiers just to let you know)

- What does it mean to hardwire an aimplifier or a dvd screen in your car? Compared to what, whats the pro's/ cons of doing so?

- When selling an amplifier and subwoofer, whats the best combination? Should the amplifier RMS be lower then the subwoofer RMS? Or the other way around, to avoid unneccessary blowing?

- What gauge wires are the best to use?

- If you have a 10 gauge wire installed, can you split the wire threads into twos and hook up two seperate amps (one for subs and one for speakers) without having to buy a 4-channel amp?

- Factory speakers are paper correct? Aftermarket are usually some sort of rubber?

- What exactly does "bridging" an amplifier mean/do?

Thats about all I can really think of right now, any other input would be great.

I thank all of you who contribute to this, as I don't want to be just another crappy audio person who doesn't know what they are talking about. I really want to help out people who are in need (specially for this upcoming holiday season haha) Thanks all I truely appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us