NEED HELP WITH MRD-M1005 v12 mono amp with no serial #

Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 3
I just bought an alpine mrd-m1005 amp from etronics.com, and I'm pretty worried about it because the box came without the screws and wrenches it's supposed to, which suggests to me that it's not brand new and unopened like they advertise. I've read a lot of bad stuff about them since ordering the amp. My verification certificate also lists a serial number that I cannot find ANYWHERE on the amp. The only thing close to a serial number is on the sticker on the bottom of the amp, but that number is 11 digits while the number on the verification card is only 9. So if that's not the serial number on the bottom of the amp, then the amp doesn't even have one posted on it. Either way, the # on the verfication card doesn't match the amp. So I'm worried that the amp is either used or it didn't pass verfication from the factory and won't put out the 1000W @ 2ohm that it's supposed to. Could someone who knows these amps or has one please tell me where their serial # is located on theirs so I can know for sure if I should go after etronics? Thanks a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 97
Better go after them, Amp has to have a serial number on it(most likely on bottom). and it will only do 1000w at 14.4 volts anyway. sounds like it was a return item to them. Depending on how you paid there s/b a recourse.

Post Number: 4
I serched the amp and think i found where the serial # is supposed to be. There's knotches in the amp around where stickers are placed, and there's some empty knotches with a tiny bit of glue residue where it was probably peeled. I've been reading everywhere on sites like etronics, and it looks like they buy from authorized suppliers who don't want the manufacturers to be able to trace the product back to them and revoke their dealer status. So they get rid of the serial #s. I'd imagine I should be able to get a return just on the pretense that the amp was supposed to be new and unopened. And it was obviously opened if it's had the serial removed and is missing the wrenches and screws. But if not, they made the mistake of leaving the verification card in the box that has the serial # on it, so maybe I can use that as leverage. And if not, hopefully visa can help. Anyone reading this, careful buying from unauthorized web vendors. You for sure won't get warranty, and that could be the least of your problems. If you do, make sure you pay with a credit card that has protection. And preferably on a visa verified website like etronics. Then at least the credit card company has an obligation to back you.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 233
how much did they charge you for that amp.

Post Number: 6
$493 U.S. after all shipping, taxes and duties.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 239
have you talked to the seller? if you haven't try to install it yet don't they take it back. besides like you said it has stuff missing so they have to take it back. hope it works out for you.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 723
good thing you used credit card. you woulda been screwed if you didnt.

Post Number: 7
Yeah I've sent the company an e-mail saying I want a refund, but from what I've read on other forums, they'll do their best to stall until their 30 day policy runs out, then until the credit card's 90 day coverage is up. I've sent them a few e-mails before I got the amp about shipping and stuff, and never got one response so I don't really expect a response to this one. So if they don't reply within a business day (they guarantee a response within 5 business HOURS!), i'm just going to go straight to Visa. btw, from what I have read, basically the only sites that are authorized online dealers for the products they sell are crutchfield, and cardomain. I know for sure that crutchfield is the only one for alpine. The price definately reflects that. I guess I should have questioned it more why a chunk of sites was selling this amp for half of retail and what crutchfield sells it for.

Anonymous

crutchfield charges a lot .. for their great support and warranty. definitely trustworthy. what happened with visa?

Post Number: 10
Yeah but crutchfield won't ship to canada. Visa can't do anything because their policy is no returns on alpine amps. Apparently that still counts when you don't receive what you order (brand new never opened etc.). Looks like I'm screwed unless I go to the authorities, who will probably take my amp. Anyone know of any other legal action I could take besides hiring a lawyer? It doesn't make it any easier that I'm in Canada and the company is in New York.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 129
did you try giving the company and phone call to have a 1 on 1 conversation? That's the only thing I can think of right now.......hope everything works out for ya.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yeah I gave them a call. They won't deal with you on the phone unless you're from the States. I argued with the guy for a bit because he told me they'll answer my e-mails, even though I've sent them about 10 and haven't heard anything. I'll try calling them during the day when someone from managemen is in. It's all based out of one building so there's no way they can tell me they can't look into my order because I'm in Canada.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us