Alpine vs. Eclipse vs. Pioneer

06jesus06
Unregistered guest
i just got a new truck and i want to get a new deck for it. which one of these would you recomend. im planning to get any one of these three brands and any line of them (for example alpine cda-9855). money is not an issue

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1049
Alpine IVA D300, thats what i have and its amazing

Bronze Member
Username: Maddrakkett

Post Number: 15
If you go with Pioneer, get their Premier version - they have higher line out voltage for cleaner sound and more useable headroom.

Eclipse has the highest line out voltage of all three, but I've been an Alpine fan for the past 20 years. Only now have I gotten into what Pioneer/Premier is doing and I bought the Premier DEH-P770MP for it's looks and features. My favorite head unit to date. :-)

Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 4
Eclispe CD8455 would be the way to go if you want to get a good sounding head unit. They have 8v preouts, time alignment, an AWESOME DSP, mic capability, area shot (kinda like gps but not really).

If you want to step up to a screen, i would go with the Kenwood XXV-05 becuase of the dual 24 bit D/A converters and every other knick knack you could want on it.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1213
Eclipse makes the best decks on the market (agreed on by most), next to the Alpine F1 Status HU...

Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 7
I'd have to say that that eclispe is up there, but i really hate the alpine f1 status. Yes, it's cool, yes, it's beyond most peoples budgets, and it is SO difficult to use, i'd never purchase it becuase of that reason.

Also i forgot to mention, that Mcintosh MX406 is probably the best sounding deck out there, at a retail of a MERE 900 dollars. Not too many features though.

cobra12
Unregistered guest
As I always say, try them out!! Everyones hearing and sound is different, you may like Alpine the best, or eclipse, or pioneer!!

I would strongly recommend this, esp if money isn't an issue to you.

Make a list of what you want feature-wise, like do you want a plain, no frills unit, MP3 playback, graphics etc? Then go from there.

If money isn't an issue, check the following brands out -

Expensive Clarion, Nakamichi, Pioneer and Alpine. The McIntosh unit is super high end too, worth checking out, as our Denon, but then your into audiophile quality. If you want value for money, JVC range is good (esp the unit with the 3 inch screen with DVD playback, heard some good stuff about it) or Blaupunkt. Try to listen to as many as you can, your ears count!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us