2 p3's 1000 rms total... ported or sealed...

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i have 2 p3's in a sealed box and i'm wondering if i should buy a custom ported box.... i have a ford taurus and i don't think the seats fold down.. atlaest it doesn't have the switch to do it... i could possibly disassemble the back seat.... let me know thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 159
What exactly are you looking for? more spl? changing from a sealed to a ported box sounds alot louder and if you disassemble the back seats it will also make it quite a bit louder.

Greggs
Unregistered guest
what's spl.. like i want to feel the subs more... to vibrate my seats and car... i just turned the subs around and it seemed to make them vibrate everything more... and i pushed them back far enough that there are 2 holes on either side that are like 4 by 13 inches.... so i don't think i'll mess up the subs... i was asking a friend and he said that the sealed box would be better than ported cause i wouldn't have enough air going through the ports or some crap like that... just wondering if he is at all true??

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 160
with a ported box you "feel" the bass more because it creates more air flow. i have no clue what your friend was talking about but hes wrong. you cant just cut holes into the box to make it ported. look at the rockford fosgare specks of the subs and make a box according to them.
spl is sound pressure level

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i was looking at this site to make custom boxes yourself.. and it has like calculators to make boxes and then calculators to how long the ports have to be at what diameter... does it matter if the port of circular or boxed?? one better than other.. easier?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us