Which sub is best?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 223
I want a sub that can get loud in a sealed box and still have good SQ. I was thinking about getting a ported SX12 but thought it wouldnt have enough SQ. I was thinking about 1 IDMAX12 but they are 750WRMS if i remember and im more than likely going to have a kicker kx1200.1 as my amp, although that could change. Im looking at about 250-275$ for just the sub. cant be bigger than 12"

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 224
what about 1 W6v2 with a 500/1 for the amp in a sealed box.. how would that be.. would it be loud enough?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2093
Don't forget Kicker is underrated so expect about 1300wrms on the birthsheet or more according tp ppl who have posted .

IDmax is rated as 1000wrms but only 800wrms is needed for it to work sufficiently .

1 13w7 sub would be sweet with that kicker amp .

OR 2 D6 Diamond audio 12s 600wrms each !

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 156
what kind of wehicle do you have?
I would go with either the SX or IDMAX before the w6...
Remember that the SX is mostly an SPL sub and the idmax and W6 are SQ subs. so it depeneds on what you want.

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 62
those who have actually heard an SX say it provides excellent SQ and gets low with the right box.

Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 2
im lookin at gettin 2 or even 3 AUDIOBAHN AWES12P ETERNAL SERIES
12"
does anyone have them or heard them at all?
and do you know if there 1100wtts each or 2200?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1025
there ok but for the price there is so much better

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1026
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Alberta

Post Number: 4
whats wrong with them

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1392
"those who have actually heard an SX say it provides excellent SQ and gets low with the right box."

with all due respect, they probably havn't heard excellent sq, then.
while i believe the sq is likely relatively good for a sub intended for spl purposes.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 194
i just installed a couple of type Rs today and i wouldn't say they are the best but they sound damn good.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 195
mine are installed on kicker 1200.1.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2106
Hey - so u are pretty much pleased with them ?

U did them ported or sealed ?

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 197
vented enclosure. 1.7 cu ft. it sounds nice and clean. pretty loud too. but i am more pleased with the clarity.

btw, i got a mail from the seller of the typeXs and he wants to ship it to me. i told him no and just refund the money.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2109
both great news Upload - if he didn't delay u wouldn't have gotten that sweet deal of those Rs . Slot ported ???

U gotta posts us all some pics & go get it measured

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 200
yeah slot ported. it's a cheap box but it does it purpose until i decide to build my own to my desired specs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
baseball, ive heard the SX's before and they are nothing close to the SQ of an IDmax. For an SPL sub they sound good but not compared to a SQ sub. In the right box IDmax's are some of the clearest subs you can get.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
I was lucky enough to sit in a 4-runner yesterday with 2 IDmax's and 2 Zapco 1100.1 amps in a sealed box. just amazing sounding.

Alberta

Post Number: 5
are IDmax's good??
who makes them??

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2518
Image Dynamics / www.imagedynamicsusa.com

IM getting one soon and i cant wait. I hear 2.3 cuft tuned to 28hz is what is recommmended on the site for there largest box but jonathan on here has one and says 2.5 cuft tuned to 25hz sounds better and gives the flatest response and gives good output so i dont know.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 225
but would the idmax sound good sealed? i want an sx but it wouldnt sound good sealed so i was looking for something with better sound quality that can still get pretty loud.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2123
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/173013.html

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 226
alright thanks. so you would recommend a 12" idmax sealed to specs over a 12" W6v2 sealed to specs?

Alberta

Post Number: 6
not to be rude or nuthin but from the looks of it i think the AUDIOBAHN AWES12P ETERNAL SERIES
12" are better. They have a quad voice coil..
what is it that makes the
ID maz's so good...?
check out the audiobahns http://www.audiobahn.com/frame2004.html there the 3rd one down...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2132
I don't have experience in either ,Matt

But looking @ the specs & reviews that i've read that JL is 400wrms where the Idmax is 1000wrms (800wrms conservatively) & both are around the same price & said to be gret SQ & L subs - so IMO i'd close my eyes & pick the IDmax ....

Alberta

Post Number: 7
not to be rude or nuthin but from the looks of it i think the AUDIOBAHN AWES12P ETERNAL SERIES
12" are better. They have a quad voice coil..
what is it that makes the
ID maz's so good...?
check out the audiobahns http://www.audiobahn.com/frame2004.html there the 3rd one down...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2136
Audiobhan subs suffer from lack of any sound quality & craftsmanship .

They are reported to fall apart by numerous ppl within short periods of time .....

IDmax is on par with the likes of JL !

But @ 1/2 the price & performs quite loud with Excellent sound quality ......

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 210
john i used to have audiobahn 1208t. i know they were not quad coil but still they are the same company. mine sounded terrible. yes it boomed pretty loud but the clarity wasn't there. also, my sub specs supposedly the subs were 1500wrms and 3000peak but i hooked up one sub to kicker 1200.1 (which is 1200wrms) the bass started to sound distorted at high volume. although the subs you are talking about are better than ones i had but like i said, they were made from the same company.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2141
"john i used to have audiobahn 1208t" - he meant up untill yesterday evening when he switched out to Alpine type Rs .....LOl ...HaHAHAHAHAHAH !......Upload

......kidding with u Chad !

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 227
yea not to be rude but could you stop jacking my thread... i mean youve only done it 10 times... btw thanks rovin

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 229
in addition what would be a good amp to run a idmax... their 800 rms so what would be a good amp for that.. i guess i could try a kickerkx600.1 but that would be underpowering it even with it being under rated.. i dont really know any amps that are around 750-800 rms

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2143
Especially when john wants to mention Audioblahn in the same arena as ID & JL ......lol

Matt - i too noticed that companies don't really cater to the 750-800 rms grouping . Its mostly 500/600/ then a big leap to 1000/1200 .

Aaaaah - but i just thought of 1 ! !!!!!!!!!

MMATS D1000.1 - puts out 700wrms @ 1 ohm & their amps are known for being Underrated so i'm guessing maybe about 50wrms hiding there .....

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 220
matt-how about
1. one alpine type X with alpine MRD M1005 amp.
2. one re sx 12in. with kicker kx1200.1

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 230
as above i was thinking about the SX, but its mainly a SPL sub and i want a sub with really good sound quality, but can still get loud, but not necessarily as loud as an SX. i havent really heard or seen much about the alpine type X.. how much does it cost and how does it far in relation to the IDmax?

Rovin-i read in another post a few weeks ago about the mmats... arent those amps fairly expensive tho? im really not looking to go over the 375-400 range for an amp for whatever sub i get

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2154
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=375

Do get Jonathan or Isaac's approval b4 buying it though ..........

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 234
gah thats still a lot for a 700 watt amp... a kicker kx1200.1 costs 50$ less than that for almost double the power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us